Chapter 18 - Moving On

I swing the door open in anger "Go awa-"

"Good morning gorgeous" a warm smile greets me.

It's Itachi.

"Hi! I'm sorry I thought you were someone else, I didn't mean to be rude"

His smile changes quickly to his normal stoic expression, he stares at me before speaking

"It's alright, I didn't mean to show up unannounced, after I got your message last night I decided to surprise you.." his voice trailed off

Damnit I don't even know where my phone is. 

"I'm sorry I misplaced my phone somewhere, I wasn't ignoring you I promise"

Itachi clears his throat and takes a step forward, " I didn't think you were ignoring me, I figured you were busy....and from the from the looks of it you've been busy....extremely busy" 

His eyes staring at my neck.

Fuck. 

"Itachi I-"

He holds his hands up to stop me, "Ankha you don't need to explain, like I said, I shouldn't have showed up unannounced."

A wave of shame and embarrassment washes over me. His face doesn't give anything away, but I know this bothers him.

 Itachi is no idiot. 

He flashes me a weak smile before departing, "I hope you enjoy the rest of your day" before walking away. 

I close the door and sink to the floor with my head in my hands.

Well fuck. I've manage to screw things up with both Kakashi and Itachi in a span of 8 hours and it's not even noon yet. 

After sitting on the floor for awhile I decided to get up and shower. Sulking around all day will do nothing.

After my shower I threw on some sweats and a fitted tank and headed to the market for some groceries. 

Shopping always makes me feel better, even if it is just food. 

Heading back to my apartment my groceries, walking faster than usual hoping to avoid running into Kakashi, instead I bump into someone else I wasn't ready to see.

"Asuma, I'm so sorry for bumping into you"

Asuma puts out his cigarette and takes a bag from me motioning to help me

"Don't worry about it Ankha" he smiles and we fall into a comfortable silence as we walk

"I should apologize for last night" 

He laughs, "Don't worry about it, it was a dare. One hell of a dare if I do say so myself"

"Asuma, you know what I mean"

Even though it was a dare, I could've chosen anyone in that place last night and I chose Asuma out of spite.

"Ankha it's fine, while I really did enjoy it, I didn't expect anything to come from it, Kakashi's one of my best friends, I know when he has his heart set on someone and I'm not going to get in the way of that"

I'm glad I didn't ruin their friendship.

"Thanks Asuma, I needed that and thank you for helping me with my groceries" I place my groceries by the door and Asuma follows suit followed by a hug and kiss from me. 

"Ankha, if Kakashi wasn't in the picture do you think I'd have a chance?"

I ponder his question before answering and I smile, "Asuma, if Kakashi weren't in the picture we'd already be naked" I wink before swing the door open

Asuma turns a coughs to hid the dark tint on his cheeks. 

"Don't tease Ankha" he laughs then shakes his head before departing.

I close my door and unload my bags before taking out my phone and calling Shizune.

"Hey Shizune, I'd like to talk to Lady Tsunade about being reassigned. I'll be there first thing tomorrow morning, thanks!"

I hang up and call Anko and Kurenai. If anyone can make me feel better, they can.

***

Itachi's POV:

I'll admit even though I'm a man of few expressions, I was excited when I received Ankha's text and it felt good knowing that she missed me.

I don't know how well I contained my jealousy when she opened her door, she was beautiful no doubt, but she was standing there half naked with this post-orgasm glow. 

I continue my inner conversation and walked towards the car where my driver was waiting for me to head back to the Uchiha compound. 

There were bags under her eyes as if she was exhausted from being fucked all night and the giant hickey on her neck confirmed it. Kakashi certainly knows how to play dirty, I'll give him that. It took everything in me not to fuck her senseless and erase any memory of Kakashi and mark her for myself. The thought was tempting, but I am a patient man and I will wait. I doubt I'll have to wait too long; there was a certain sadness in her when she opened the door, something must've happened between  her and Kakashi.

My thoughts were interrupted by an incoming phone call from an unknown number

"This is Itachi" I pause waiting for the other person to speak

"I think I have a proposition for you that will benefit us both.." a sultry voice on the other line says

"Who is this?" 

"I'll be at your house in an hour and we can discuss out to get Kakashi out of the way so you can have Ankha"

I lift my brow, now intrigued 

"I look forward to it" as a  curious smirk comes across my face