Chapter 22 - New Normal

Three months have gone by and Itachi has yet to leave my side. I can't even remember the last time I stayed at my apartment longer than to just get more clothes. He drops me off at the Academy every morning before he goes to off on a mission or dealing with clan business. If he has time he'll walk with me to work and Shisui always has breakfast and lunch delivered to me to make sure I eat. I've gotten used to seeing Kakashi around the village with his family, but I still avoid being alone with him. Sometimes I can feel him staring in public, there's nothing to say. I'm happy with Itachi and I hope he's happy with his family back.

I can definitely go without running into Rin; because of her I hardly get to spend time with Anko and Kurenai. When they're not on missions they with Rin. She appointed them godmothers of her son and she guilts them into just about everything. They text me when they can and I know they miss me too, I don't envy them though Rin is and always will be a complete bitch in my eyes.

Today is just like any other day, Itachi pulled up to the front of the Academy to drop me off. Still staring out the window I get ready to open the door, before I could get out the car Itachi grabs my wrist, stopping me. I looked at him confused.

He raised a brow in surprised, "Where are you right now?"

Knowing what he meant I sighed, "My bad, I got lost in thought thinking about the past three months we've been together and how time flies"

He pouts, "You're not getting tired of me already are you?"

I chuckle at his pouty face and lace my fingers with his, "Are you kidding? I could never get tired of you"

He grabs my chin with his other hand and pulls me in for a deep kiss, he knows what his kisses to do to me and I melt instantly. I relax into his kiss and he immediately probes my mouth for entrance and I let him without hesitation. Time stands still when he kisses me.

He pulls away slightly, allowing me to catch my breath, "You're insatiable" I manage to say in between breaths with a smile on my lips.

He pulls back taking in my heavy breathing and the fullness of lips, he smirks "One can't help but be insatiable when you're this irresistible"

I groan knowing where this is going, " 'Tachi I'm going to be late, I was late 3 times last week because of you" I say trying to sound serious.

"I hope you don't expect me to apologize, it was well worth it"

I palm my face, "I don't know how many times Iruka is going to excuse me being late because of my boyrfriend" I tease and see him stiffen.

I briefly panic, fuck I jumped the gun. We never officially put a title on what we are and I just assumed because we've been spending all of our time together.

I think he sees the concern in my face because before I can say anything he takes both of my hands in his before speaking, "Ankha, while I enjoy being your 'boyfriend'.." he says dryly, clearly not caring for that term, he squeezes my hand before resuming his speech

"I'm a grown ass man and I have every intention of being more than just your so-called boyfriend"

Oh.

He kisses my hands before releasing them followed by a kiss on the forehead allowing me to take in what he just said.

"Now have a great day at work, I have a surprise for you later on tonight...and don't bother trying to get anything out of Shisui, I know he has a soft spot for you and frankly, if he weren't my best friend/cousin I would've already had him taken care of"

I roll my eyes and shake my head and kiss him goodbye before exiting the vehicle, he doesn't drive off until I walk inside the building. It's like this everyday and never boring with him.

I make my way to the administration office to check in with Iruka before getting started on my work for the day.

I walk in to find Iruka sorting through paperwork, I knock on the door alerting him of my presence.

"Good Morning Ankha" Iruka greets me with a warm smile, I'm happy he's gotten more comfortable with talking to me, before he'd get so flustered and couldn't say more than two words before walking away

"Good morning Iruka" I greet with an equally warm smile, I set my things down and begin to work belong side him.

We work in a comfortable silence for a few hours when Iruka speaks up

"I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you've really been glowing lately and I have a feeling it has to do with a certain Uchiha"

I feel my face get hot at his words, "Thanks Iruka, I'm really like it here and Itachi makes me really happy"

"Itachi is usually reserved which isn't uncommon amongst the Uchiha, but it is rare to see him the way he is when he's with you, so you must be really special to him."

Itachi is really special to me too, I think I'm catching feelings..if I haven't already.

Our conversation is cut short by a knock on the door.

After Iruka motions for the guest to come in we're greeted by a very busy Shizune. "Iruka, Ankha forgive for intruding I was supposed to be here earlier, but I've been so busy with other errands for the Hokage. Speaking of Hokage, Ankha, Lady Tsunade would like to see you in her office"

Iruka takes over filing for me and quickly follow behind Shizune and head to the Hokage's office and knock before entering.

"You wanted to see me Lady Tsunade?" I poke my head inside and she waves her hand motioning for me to step inside.

"Ankha come in, you've been in the village for a few months now and you've become quite adjusted so I figured it's time to assign your first mission as an official Hidden Leaf Shinobi" She smiles.

I step forward, squealing on the inside finally getting my first mission, awaiting further details.

Tsunade pours a cup of sake before continuing, "The Kazekage of Sunagakure has requested the Hidden Leaf assist Suna in investigating what appears to be a Human Trafficking ring that's reared it's head in the downtown district of Suna. This will be mostly reconnaissance without alerting the smugglers. The Kazekage cannot use his own Shinobi because they are too well known and have been struggling with leads. So far several people, men and women alike, have gone missing in the past 2 months. Since this is strictly recon, this should take no more than 1 week. Depending on what you come up with, we'll send you back if needed. Take this scroll with the rest of the information"

After receiving the mission scroll I thank Lady Tsunade.

"When do I leave?" I ask

"First thing tomorrow morning, I promised Gaara you and your partner would arrive as quickly as possible." Tsunade states matter of factly.

"Partner?" I asked confused, she didn't say anything about a partner. Just then a blur of silver comes through the window.

Tsunade sighs heavily, "Nice of you to finally join us Kakashi"

I whipped my head around in disbelief.

Kakashi?!

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

A/N: Hey besties! I'm sorry if this chapter isn't as interesting but I needed it to setup the next few chapters. What do y'all think is going to go down? As always thank you for your continued support for this series!