Chapter 28

Hello! This is the second chapter in 2 days!!! I honestly am just trying to make up for lost time at this point but... whatever. Lets get started...

Annabeth's POV

I turned around after checking everyone out to meet myself with five angry boys

Well... I'm screwed. I see all of the boy with smoke coming out of their ears. Except for Percy and Animal Lover and the girls who were trying to hold a serious face. 

I smile too but instantly I stop when I see the boys glares again. 

I clear my throat, trying to clear the tension in the room, "Hi, my name is Annabeth. Sorry for kinda, you know..."

Crickets. 

I try again, "So what are you doing here?"

Crickets. Again. 

I have an idea, I fall onto the ground. I was thinking if they think that I faint then maybe they will start talking. I want to tell you know, this was not one of my best ideas. 

As soon as I hit the floor, I close my eyes I hear lots of voices around me. 

All different voice I hear one at a time:

"Come on really?"

"Guys, we got to get her to the hospital now!!!"

"Calm down Katie, she's ok. See she fell onto a pillow." 

So her name was Katie. I got 2 names down 7 to go. 

The Katie girl pipes up again, " Shut it Travis, Connor. Really? All you say is," she switches her voice to a deeper pitch, trying to imitate the boys voices, "'Come on really?' and 'Calm down, she's okay look pillow!!!'" 

Connor and Travis. They must be the twins. I mentally add two more names to the list. So right now I have Percy, Katie Travis and Connor. 

I listen to here if there are anymore voices. 

"Katie's right you know, she might be seriously hurt!"

"Shut it Grover," the other girl spoke up, "I honestly can't tell how all of you  ended up on guard duty. She obviously faking." 

I add Grover to the list of names while fluttering my eyes open. Once fully opening them I see face leaning down in a circle around my face staring down at me. 

Percy offers his hand so I grab it an he pulls me up. People are still staring at me when Percy through his hand over my shoulder and adds, " Guys, this is my friend Annabeth. We are dance partners while she is here at the palace. She's part of the Selection."

I smile at the group of teens surrounding me. I tried to keep my face straight when Percy called us friends, but I managed. 

One by one people introduce themselves. 

The boy with the animal shirt sticks out his hand for me to shake, "Grover, this," he point to Percy with his thumb, "is my bff. Right bro?" I shake his hand while mumbling a hello.  

Next the small elf boy raises his hand, "My name is Leo McShizzle Bad boy Supreme Valdez. If these idiots say anything else, there wrong." I smile with my eyebrows raised, is this kid serious. 

I think another girl agreed with me because she looked at the elf bo- I mean Leo with pure hatred, "Can it Leo." She turns to me and sticks out her hand, "My name is really long so call me Reyna." I shake her hand, surprised when I shake a firm hand. 

"Annabeth," I reply, "well you already knew that..." I trail of not knowing what to say. So I drop her hand. 

I was about to turn around when I felt someone hug me from behind. I become stiff and the person that was hugging me lets go. "OMG I am so sorry . It just looked like you needed a hug and I just thought... Well my name is Katie, but you would already know that if you were faking fainting. Sorry, again." 

I stair at the girl after the rant. I nod my head confused.

Everyone in the room introduce themself  until I find out everyone's name, Jason, Frank, Percy, Reyna, Katie, Travis, Grover, Leo and Connor. I could tell that their was some sort of tension  between Travis and Katie. But I couldn't tell if they liked each other or despised each other, either way I ship it.

I learned that word from Piper. She said that that word means when you think two people should date. I probably used the word wrong but whatever. 

"What are you guys doing in here anyway," I ask, suddenly curious. 

"well we were - " Percy starts. 

Leo cuts him off, "Do we really want her to join?"

Join what? I ask myself. Whatever it is it sounds important. 

While I am off in Annabeth Land population me. They group of teens votes wether or wether I should not join whatever they are doing. Everybody voted yes. 

I was brought out of my head hearing Reyna yell, "Why would you say that if you voted yes?"

"It was for anyone who didn't want her here!" Leo yelled back. 

"But everyone wants her here." Reyna helps back with double the enthusiasm. 

I turn over to Jason, "Does this always happen."

He sighs, clearly telling me the answer, "Every. Single. Time."

I clap my hands together, gathering everyone's attention. "So what exactly am I doing?" I ask.

Percy stares at me, "Well, isn't it obvious?"

I hold in a chuckle, "No, no it is not." How much of a Seaweed Brain can he be?

He smirks and looks at me, "Were playing Capture the Flag. Come on your on my team."

Wow... This was 100% A filler chapter. So I don't have much to say except to stay safe and healthy! Have a great day!