Chapter 18

Annabeth's POV

"What are you doing here?" I ask Percy in complete shock. 

Percy looks me up and down, "Nothing much... just following the girl that has lied, escaped and cause major chaos. It's no biggie."

I sigh, of course that's how he thinks about the whole situation. "Yes, I did all that, BUT I did it so that I can remember everything," I reply. 

He looks around and sees the sign up sheet. He looks it over a couple times, "how about I -" he finishes his sentence by signing his name next to mine on the sign up sheet. 

"What the-" I say confused and angry.

He looks at me confused, "I'm going to dance with you, obviously."

"Well, yeah, I know that. I literally just saw you sign up."

"I don't get it then, what's the problem," he asks,  leaving me even more confused then before.

"I don't remember any dances." I reply plainly, " I lost my memory. That's why I'm trying to get to Nebraska"

He looks at me for a second, " oh... That actually makes a lot of sense now."

He goes over  to take the sign up sheet off the counter when a girl with long black hair stops him. "Excuse me sir, but after you sign up, you can't cross out you name."

I look at Percy, he is on max level of confusion, " With all do respect, why?"

The woman responds, "I know that most likely you are going to cross out your name." Percy is nodding like a five year old kid. "But, you might be crossing out a competitors name, you never know," She finishes.

Percy agreed to what she said and the girl turned around and walked away. 

I stare at Percy, "What are we going to now?!?" 

"Well..." He pauses to think, "I actually have no clue but, we can find something on YouTube?"

I nod, "yeah ok." 

The only reason I DON'T want to do this is that I am a girl. Percy is a boy. I am a 12 year old girl in the body of a 18 year old woman. I don't even know how to control my body. Solo dance, maybe. But working with another person, non the less a boy!?! No thanks. And also the fact that past me, (or future me? I don't know), has kissed this boy. It is gross and weird. Probably from Percy's perspective too. Also... boys have cuties. 

I look at Percy again. He's busy scrolling through YouTube for a dance. He finds one he likes and clicks on it. 

After ten minutes of utter boredom, Percy pipes up "Hear," he gives me his phone, "this one you don't do as much work as the other one, though you do throw me into the air. But whatever"

I looked at him, shocked. Can he be this dumb? "So, let me get this straight. You want me, and awkward 18 year old girl to throw you, a person who weighs more than-" I don't want to be offensive so my genius self says, "however much you weigh, into the air?"

He looks at me with a, what's the problem, expression on his face. Is there something wrong with this boy? Is he dumb, does he need help?

I suddenly feel very bad for his future wife, the poor soul who will have to take care of him every day. 

Wait... the selection is still going on, and the prince is sitting right next to me. How is that going to work? I look at Percy and I thought, why not just ask him? 

I turn my head to Percy, "How is the selection going to work?" I ask.

He looks at me for a second and starts to laugh.