Chapter 38

Percy's POV (I mention a town in this chapter, this is a name I thought up on the spot, if it turns out to be an actual town, this is purely coincidental.)

"How are we going to walk on the streets without getting noticed?" Annabeth asked me as my friends were piling into the limo. 

"We are going to a village where my family goes a lot, so it is not uncommon for the people in the town to see us." I responded having a small sense of pride that I knew something that Annabeth didn't.

"To get to this town is to take 40 minute to drive there, what do you guys want to do while we are waiting?" Reyna asks.

As soon as Reyna said that I suggested 'Heads Up.' It personally is one of my favorite games to play while being bored. Lots of other people suggested other things to do like, karaoke, playing on their phones separately and charades. I think I can see why 'Head's Up won.' 

Some people gave us weird looks as we piled out of the car in North Bay Town. It is called 'North Bay Town' because it is north of a bay. Pretty simple. My family has come to this town ever since I was a little kid. I've had some pretty awesome memories here including the first time I tried cotton candy. I got the cotton candy at the fair that they host here every April. It is actually happening today, and I was going to ask Annabeth if she wanted to go with me later. One of the other memories that I had here was when my friends and I were dared to eat everything at this candy store we normally go to. Lets me just say now we know what are favorite candy is. 

I stood up and brushed off the dirt that was on my jeans. "Were here!" I announced standing in the middle of a road.

Conner looked at me, "Oh yeah? I thought we still had a mile or two left to go."

"How would that even work?" I murmured, actually questioning him.

"I don't know, we could walk- I was being sarcastic." Connor sighed.

I was about to ask where we should go but Annabeth asked me a question. 

"Hey Percy, how come no popperazzi shows up here?" she asked.

"I really have no clue-" I was cut off by Frank.

Frank interrupted, "There is a gate around the city so that only certain people can get in or out. This city is heavily guarded so that the people that you mentioned, can't get inside."

"Oh, thanks Frank."

"Yeah thanks Frank," I whispered sarcastically. 

After the giant group got ready we started down the road that the limo dropped us off on.

"Can we go to the sweet shop first?" Hazel asked.

"Oh, YES! I need to eat some sugar. The castle has, no offense Percy, has very different views on dessert that I have. I really just want a candy bar, not a fruit salad." Piper exclaimed as we walked by a book store. Maybe Annabeth would like to go here later, I know she likes book, I thought to myself. 

"None taken Piper," I replied.

"I quite enjoy the fruit salad," Katie remarked under her breath.

We were approaching the candy store and Hazel pulled Frank in front of the group, she said, "Percy I really don't think I can pull up this charade anymore. I really want to go back to my normalish life, in all honesty I thought we would be done with this by now."

I looked at her understanding where she was coming from, "Yeah okay. It might take awhile though. We just had an elimination so it would be weird if I just eliminated you now."