Chapter 44

3rd Person POV 

Art. 

It can mean so many things for so many people.  It could be their daughter ballet recital when she is four. Or a novel that won bestseller. It could even be a sound that you hear walking down the street. 

For Annabeth though, art meant freedom. How each move was so different from the next. How at one point you could be lying on the ground and then soaring through the air. It also reminded her of family. 

How her mother would preform and bring joy to random strangers faces. How a room of people would smile over some movements with her leg and arms astonished a young Annabeth. She couldn't believe how this could make a person so overjoyed. She liked music, sure, but didn't really connect with it the way she saw her mother dance. It was like a spark that she never knew struck inside of her. Though since she was so young, she never truly understood  this and just asked politely to be signed up for ballet. 

So thats what happened. As she grew older and traveled all over the country she knew that friends, family come and go but what stays with her always is the way she dances. The way she could make someone shed never seen before smile or make them feel some sort of way. But she has never tried to hurt, or destroy someone through her dancing, for dancing was more than just a dance for her. It was the way she lived her life. 

And this is why when she saw this video, the one that she had work so hard on, the one where she spent so much time on, she felt terrible. She had done what she promised herself never to do. She danced in attempt to destroy people, to make them lose hope, and that crushed her. 

Teary-eyed, the blonde raced out of the main hall, not caring about the consequences. 

Mean-while, back at the castle, everyone watching was shocked to say the least. This kind girl that they had been with in this past 8 months lied? She did do pretty screechy stuff and then let her back with open arms. Like kidnapping the prince? Drugging him?  Thats literally illegal. 

Not only Annabeth but half of the girls from the selection were gone, this couldn't have been a random choosing, no someone messed with the drawing of participants and changed them so that their spies got into the castle. That was certain. So the queen and king locked everyone inside the castle, and didn't let anyone leave until this culprit was caught. 

Piper felt particularly betrayed, that her best friend would betray her like this. Well, not her specifically, but she  felt this since that she would never get her best friend back. And even if everything here was a lie, then she would come back different somehow. 

She was alone, Piper. She really didn't have anyone to lean on anymore after Annabeth left her, again. But this time she was gone, and most likely for good. But because Percy was also gone, what would happen? Would the selection be over? She didn't know. 

What she did know was that she was going to have to make friends, and now would be the only time too. 

As Piper made her way to the great hall she ran into a miserable Jason Grace. 

"Oh my gods, I'm so sorry, " Piper announced as she ran into a boy. She didn't know who exactly, except he was way taller than her. 

Looking up she saw Percys best friend, Jason Grace, "Oh, hey Jason," Piper smiled. 

Jason took a step back, "I am so sorry, are you ok?"

"Oh yeah I'm fine," she said, "What about you though, are you okay?"

"Oh, I'm fine, "he said. 

A wave of awkward silence fell in between the two, "Well, Im just gonna," Piper pointed behind her shoulder. 

"Yeah me too," Jason replied. 

As Piper walked away from Jason she couldn't help the butterflies she felt or that she was now blushing like crazy. She didn't like this, she wanted to like Percy, but being with Percy felt wrong, a little strange. So with taking a breathe, Piper took in this new crush in her mind and tried her best to ignore it. Though, she didn't know at the time how hard that would be. 

Crying was never something Percy did, he was a figure, he had only truly cried when he was young. Now if he felt sad like that, he had to conceal it, show a different emotion. So after seeing Annabeth dance beautifully for someone that wasn't him, he kinda felt betrayed, not sad. He wanted to be the only one with her, no matter how selfish that was. 

He still couldn't wrap his head around on how bad she could be. Obviously they were both captured. They were holding them both in a cell. So that must mean she wasn't trusted completely by whom ever was holding him captive. He just didn't except that she was bad, Annabeth literally told him that she would never work for this illegal company. So she couldn't be bad at all. It was settled for him, Annabeth was good. And that was that. 

Annabeth lied in her bed sad. She knew now that probably everyone hated her back at the castle, thats the only place where this message would've had that much significant meaning. Well, the castle and at home. Her parents probably wouldn't have cared that much, Annabeth decided. But her two brothers would've been shocked to see her on the tv. 

Annabeth sighed and realized that she had to escape from this place, though after major attempts of leaving this one had to be much more thought out. She needed to befriend someone that was trusted by Kronos, someone on his inside troops, someone like Reyna. 

Hey!!! Thank you so much for finishing this chapter, it means the world to me. I know I'm terrible about posting regularly, but I hope that I can get back on track and post more often. I tried a new writing style today, was that okay? Let me know. Thank you again! Stay safe and healthy!