Chapter 2

"WHAT!!!" I yell, "How can this happen? I don't want to!"

My dad comes busting in, 'What happened? ARE YOU OKAY?"

"Yes, I'm fine, It's just that-" I try to say.

"You are going into the selection," Helen teases, "you are going into the selection!"

My dad looks shocked and my step-mom is laughing at me while I am silently crying. After awhile my parents left the. That night I cried myself to sleep.

        The next morning I woke up in a cold sweat. I had a dream where I won the selection. That doesn't seem that bad, I know.  But the prince was a giant cheater and everyone hated him including me. It was worse than that. I tried to run away from him but he always found me and he made me stay in his dungeon of a castle my whole life. I was terrified.

"Today's the day," I hear from down stairs. "Today's the day that you go to the castle!!!"

"Ugh, Can you please be quiet Helen?" I call from upstairs. I look around and on my floor I see the cloths that I am supposed to wear. It is a simple white dress with brown boots that goes a half way up my leg. we are allowed to were any accessory that we want. I put a pair of owl earrings. They used to be my mothers. My mom was Athena Chase, she died while giving birth to me. She was a pro-dancer and I try to be more like her. I put my hair into a messy bun.  All of a sudden there is a knock at my door. "Come-in!" I yell out to the people outside.

"Hello," said a tall, fairly built guy. He has no hair and a long mustache, "I have some questions to ask you."

"Okay, fire away," I say.

"Are you dating anyone?" He asks.

"Nope," I fire back while popping the 'p.'

"Is it-" He pauses, "that time of the month?"

"Nope," I say again.

"Okay, this question is the hardest," he catches his breathe, "have you ever 'done the deed,'"

" Oh my gods no! You are not allowed to do that until after marriage!" I look at him mortified.

"Okay great! It looks like you are all good to go. I'm just warning you, you should do whatever the prince asks for. Like whatever." The guard looks me up and down, "see you in the limo in 10 minutes."

            I just stare at his back as he leaves with my mouth dropped down to the floor. I close my mouth, shake my head and mentally prepare for whats about to happen. I think to myself, I am going to first say good by to everyone, then I am going to get into the limo, say some mumbo-jumbo speech in front of my whole state and lastly I will walk into the airport. That should be easy!

It was not easy.

            I said good-bye to everyone, that was easy. The only thing that happened was that I almost cried saying goodbye to my family. Then when I was entering the limo I bumped my head onto the car door. The ride to the mayors office was quiet and awkward. While walking on stage I looked around at how many people came to see me. There was almost five thousand people. When I was at the podium saying my speech I read to fast and then I slowed down too much. I was a mess. Then when going to the airport I  tripped out of the car and fell right on my face. I stood up and smacked my forehead leaving a red mark. While the crowd in front of my stared in shock. 

       "Hey everyone," I quietly mumbled to myself. I saw signs saying, 'Queen Piper' and 'I <3 Drew' I saw a couple of posters praising me. "Wow," I mouth to myself. I go through signing papers and taking pictures. Everyone was so nice to me, the practically treated me like I was there god. I finally made my way to the airport. I went throw the sliding glass doors and I looked around and saw two girls.

    One girl had long, choppy brown hair, some strands were tied up in braids while the rest of her hair flowed down to her belly button. She has light olive skin and green eyes. I know her as Piper McLean. She's wearing the same thing as me except in her braids she has feathers of all colors. They look really pretty on her. She has a big smile and she looks nice.

    "Hello!" She calls towards my direction. I look behind me to see if she was talking to someone else. "No you, my name is Piper."

  "Annabeth," I shake her hand.

  "I can't believe that we are going to the palace! It's like a dream!" Piper squeals.

 " I know, so cool." I say. I didn't really mean it though.  My plan is that as soon as I get there, to get out I don't want to spend more time that I have to in the palace.

  "Oh, just shut up," I hear from behind me. There stands a tall girl. She is beautiful, I"ll give her that but she I a mean type of beautiful. She has long black hair and small beady brown eyes. Her eyes look like they could pierce right through your skull with one bad glance your way.  Drew is also wearing a long white dress except it looks like that she ripped the dress on the side all the way to her thigh to create a sexy look. It was all pretty looking and terrifying.

"Drew," she stretches out her hand to mine.

"Annabeth," I reply.

        She shakes her head back and forth, "I already know that, silly. I also know that you live on a military base with your dad, stepmom and two brothers."

       I look at her dumbfounded. "What? How do you--- When did you--- WHAT?"

      " Before the selection I learned everything about everyone so I can have an advantage. I here you do dance? That's cool I guess. But guess what?" She asks.

    "What," I look at her. She is so annoying, I thought, how can anyone deal with her?

     "I am a model. You might've heard of me, Drew Tanaka? Yeah I know. I'm famous."  She brags.

     "That's cool, I guess." Compared to Drew, Piper is the calm person on the planet. I turn back around to face her. We talk for a little bit until we hear an official call our names. We are told that we can start boarding the airplane now. I scramble in with Piper getting a seat with her, not wanting to sit next to Drew.  I don't think Drew minds us leaving her out. She has been talking to a contestant named Lucy.

       Lucy is a small but so cute. She has a blonde bob cut unlike my long wavy hair. She has light blue eyes and freckles all over her face. She looks like a innocent 16 year old girl. She entered the airport five minutes after I did. Drew immediately took her over to a corner and held her there. I think that Lucy is just to sweet to leave someone while there talking to them.  I feel bad for Lucy, it looks like that she is getting tortured from facts about Drew's model life. But I don't feel that bad for her to switch seats so I plug in my headphones and zone out. Two hours later I 'm being shaken awake by Piper.

       "Get up lazy bones! We're here!" I get all my items and stuff on the plane.

       "Woah" It's the only words that can come out of my mouth.

(Wow over one thousand three hundred words! That's pretty good for me! I am going to try to finish this before the end of summer with one chapter each day. Sometimes I will do more than that. Thank you for the couple people that are reading this. It means a lot that you are in to my writing. Thank you!)