Chapter 14

(Sorry if this one is slow or something. I need it too be slow for the next chapter. I have gone back and edited most of the chapters so... check that out. There will little to no dancing videos soon so a heads up for that. Ok, lets get into it.)

Annabeth POV

I can't remember anything. My mind is litterly blank. 

As I lay here in my cot at the hospital, I think what I missed out on. I thought I still lived in Denver, but apparently I now live in Virginia. I though I was twelve but... I'm easily 18. I thought that I had baby brothers but now there 12? And lastly, I thought I was single but now I am dating a guy that I don't even know. 

I have informed of what I mostly missed. The weirdest part is that I know how to do Geometry homework, but I don't know what I got for last Christmas. The doctors told me that there is a very low percent of me regaining my memory. People have been in out asking if they remember them, and I have to turn them down. It hurts to see there disappointment in their faces when they walk away. 

Today I was supposed to go back into the competition, the Selected... Selection? Whatever it is I want to get out as fast as I can. I don't care what past me thinks I don't want some stuck up Prince, plus boys are gross.

The doctors released me, so I go back to my room with an escort. No one was in there, so I sat on my bed.

 I cried. And cried and cried and cried. I don't know how I lost my memory. I wanted my old life back. I lost seeing my little brothers growing up. I missed my prom, homecoming even the with grade dance!!! I missed making friends, having fun and being a kid. I cried and cried for those reasons and many more. 

There was a knock on my door, followed by, "Hey girl!!! I'm coming in whether you like it or not."

My sniffles echoing of the wall, "Yeah, its unlocked."

Some girl comes in, she is tall, almost as tall as me. She has short choppy hair, like she did it herself. She pale skin and blue hair. "Hey girl what's wrong?" 

"Um, who are you?" I asked.

"Haha, nice one but seriously, why you sad?"

"No seriously, who are you? I just lost my memory so..." I say still sniffling. 

She looks at me shock, "You really don't know who I am?"

"That's what I've been saying," I said.

She looks like she saw a ghost. She pulls out her phone, I look over and she is calling someone, Will. She talks to this Will person. She asked him to come here to look at me. He agreed.  She then continues to type something into her phone. She shows me dancing to Britney Spears song, I can't recognise it so it must be a new one, possibly from anew album. 

I was amazing, past or future me is amazing! She does all the flips with no effort. I laugh when she, or I, flip of the camera at the end. 

Thalia looks at me, "You are really good. And I will not except that my best friend will not remember me for the rest of her life."

"Neither can I," a two voices from the door calls. One I recognise the other I don't. 

The girl I don't know comes over to me, "Piper, and we meet during this Selection. You and I were besties from day one!"

The other girl, Reyna, "I know you probably remember me as the popular girl at school, but we because best friends in eight grade (my grade) before you left to go to Virginia."

I look at them in shock, " The doctors said that there is a less than one percent chance that I will ever regain my memory. So I don't even know how that would work."

There faces darken, except for Pipers, " The Annabeth I knew wouldn't give up. Lets go to the library and scavenge find the solution."

I don't know what to say, so I just started to cry... again. I looked at the girls, but then I saw a guy at the door. I looked at him, "Are you that guy that I am dating???" I asked confused. 

Thalia, Reyna and Piper burst up into a laughing fit. I heard a couple chuckles from Percy as well. I looked at them confused until Thalia answered, " Yes and no."

When I still looked confused she added, " You were technically dating him but by the way you were talking to, I think, to all of us, you were only good friend with Percy, look."

She pulls out her phone again and showed me do a different video of me and Percy. " Hhm... this ones new" Thalia murmured to herself. She clicked at it played. I was going all these word clips with the mystery dude. All of a sudden I kissed him. 

Percy and I turned bright red. "I thought you said we didn't like each other," I said confused and embarrassed. 

They all agreed. Then it was awkward silence. Until Piper pipes up ( you see what I did *wink wink*), "Hey, let go to the library and see if we can find you a cure." She pats my back. 

We make it out of my room and had to the library. I look around. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I love all the books and the smell of the room. I walk over into a direction. Like something is controlling my body. I walk and walk until I feel like I should stop. When I stop I look around, it is where all the diseases and medical books are. "Over here!" I call.

People shush me. My friends walk over to me. We start searching. Yet again my body feels like I am being possessed. I walk over to a book that instantly recognize even though I have never was it before. I pick it up and walk to a little couch near a window.

 I flip open to the index. I see that concussions and brain damage is listed. I flip to concussions first. Nothing. I open to brain damage next. I browse throw scanning each word until something catches my eye. It is an old myth. It states was about this boy whose father had brain damage. He went to the fountain of youth got a glass full and gave it to his father and the father was cured. That's weird, I think. 

This time I swear that I am levitating  when I race toward the nonfiction section. I run straight to the fair tale sections.

 It says fairytales in real life. I open the book and read the whole thing.  I almost put the book down when I saw a map. I examined the page and saw that the fountain of youth was located in Nebraska. 

I thought why would it be in Nebraska. But then I also thought, why would I elevated over here to find a book that matches the first story. I grabbed it and marched back over to my friends. 

"I known this is going to sound crazy. But I know how to cure myself." I said.

I told them everything. They thought I had gone mad.

 I was sure that this is what I had to do. Later that night, I decided that I will be going to Nebraska to cure myself. So that night, I planned my escape plan. I formed every thing from all the place of the palace. I was given a map of the palace until I can memorize where everything is. I finalized my plan. I was going to leave tomorrow night. 

(Thank you for reading my story! It feels great that people actually read this crap. Thank you to all of the people who comment and vote on my story. It means a lot. I know I say this everything, but I mean it every time. So...  Thx. I apologize for leaving the story at I giant cliffhanger. But I was debating to make this chapter smaller, ending it one and that one line ahead. I think that this is better though. I finish this early even though this chapters longer. Also you might think that Percy is still the prince of Greece, but look back. I fixed that too. Ok the bye)