Chapter 39

Annabeth's POV

"Annabeth, Annabeth!" Percy whispered yelled my name. 

"What," I rubbed my eyes and sat up from the dirty ground I was sitting on. "Ugg, gross," I exclaimed as I stood up from the grimy, bacteria covered ground. 

"Are you okay," Percy asked me.

I thought for a second, then responded, "I think so, nothing currently hurts. What about you?"

"I have a few bruises but, nothing that bad," he responded. 

"Thats great. Do you know where we are, or who the 'boss' is?" I asked thinking about what happened in last 24 hours.  

Percy's face saddened, "Sorry, I only just woke up."

"Okay." I said. 

We didn't know where we were, who was coming to get us and possible torture us. I thought to myself sarcastically great, just great!  I kicked the gray walls in anger of how little information we have. 

I sat back down on the dirty floor, maybe we will have to save our energy for later. 

"You should sit down," I told Percy. 

"Why? The floor is disgusting." He replied. 

"We might need to save our energy," he then proceeded to make a face, questioning if in the ten minutes I've been here I've already lost my mind. I sighed, "I don't know, we might be about to die, I really don't know."

He didn't say anything... but I could tell that he agreed. 

I then had my first good look in the place that I was trapped in. The room had four sides. One side was made of giant bricks painted gray. Two sides were gray jail styled walls. The last wall was a thick glass door. The room was small. The only things inside the cell are a dirty mattress and a toilet that looks like it was built in the 50's. 

I looked back at Percy, " So, there's nothing to do. Do you want to play a game?" 

He smiled, "I have an idea, lets play annoy the guard so much that he comes over here once he gets over, we... I don't really know what to do after that but we can improvise."

I laughed, "No... not really."

Percy shrugged and murmured something around the lines of 'your lose' then proceeded to hold his hands over his ears. What are you doing? I thought to myself. 

The answer then hit me when Percy started scream singing "Under the Sea."

Immediately, I closed my ears and yelled at him to be quiet. We might need our energy and THAT is not using it properly. 

Once he finally quiets down I whispered-yelled, "What was that?"

"I was playing the game," He said like that was the most obvious thing in the world. 

I sighed, not wanting to argue with him. 

I studied the structure of the jail cell more quickly. Thinking to myself, I started wondering if these could be opened from the inside. The walls were pure metal so I could not move it so I could fit through. I was more interested in the door.  

It was like the wall, with long grey poles running up and down but, it had a metal box in the middle. I'm not a genius or anything but I think it could be were the key is supposed to go. 

Wow Annabeth, I told myself, you found out what a cell door is congratulations. Now that you know what a preschooler knows use your brain to figure out the rest. Obviously, I said all these things in my mind and obviously I didn't mean it. 

Percy looked over at me confused, "What are you doing?" 

"Nothing," I answer back. But with my hands I placed one finger over my lips creating the 'SHHH' symbol. If Percy brought the guards attention to us, I mean there have to be other prisoners here, right?  Then I pointed to the box. 

He looked at me confused. "Annabeth why are you pointing at a box?" 

I slapped my forehead, in the 'why are you so dumb' manor, sighed and put my face in my hand. 

"Ohh, you didn't want me to say..." He stopped talking and gave me an apologetic look. 

I glanced back at the box. Since I couldn't actually LOOK at it, I placed my hands threw the bars, thankfully I didn't get my father's hands. I felt around the box. 

I didn't know how to pick a lock, the only thing thats remotely close to this is that I watch spy movies were the girls breaks the lock with her hairpin. Wait, a hairpin! I could try an use that! 

Do I even have a hairpin. I flung my hands into my hair hoping there would be the small metal piece. Unfortunately, there was only a hair-tie. I don't know how I forgot my hair was in a ponytail, but it was.  I felt around the lock again, I felt a small pad right next to it. What is that? I wondered. 

I looked over at Percy wondering what he was doing, He was just staring into space. Not literally space... just like, oh you know what I mean. 

I spun my head back around, but threw my peripheral vision I realized that I was, in-fact, an idiot.  I could see Percys cell door just fine. I also didn't have to wonder what the box thing was next to the key.  It was a key-card scanner. And I knew just how I was going to get one. 

I am so sorry that I have been MIA for like a month. Its been busy where I'm at. I am so excited to write again though. I hope you like this chapter! Have an amazing day! Stay safe and stay healthy!