Chapter 1

"Almost there... DONE!" I yell.

      "What," my step-mom Helen asked, " that's impossible," she checks her watch, "you only started twenty minutes ago!?!"

      "Fine, whatever, I'll do better tomorrow. Sorry I can't do 100 pushups in less than 20 minutes." I reply.  I run to my room and slam the door shut.

 I officially think that my step mom has lost her marbles. She thinks that me, Annabeth Chase, can do one hundred  push-ups in less than 30 minutes. She thinks this because the other soldiers that live on the military base with me and my family can do two hundred pushups in one hour. My name is Annabeth and my life is boring. See, I grew up on a military base with my father General Case, my 'evil' step-mom Helen and my super cool step-bro's Bobby and Mathew. 

I don't really have any friends. The closest thing I have to a friend is a fish named Princess Poopy Pants. Don't ask me how the poor fish got that name, I don't even know. I look down at the watch on my wrist, "Shoot," I mumble to my self, "I'm going to be late to my dance practice." 

 "By!!' I yell to no one in particular.

       I throw on some work out clothes and sprint to the dance studio and wait outside. Luckily, my teacher hasn't arrived yet.

Two minutes later My teacher calls from behind me, "Sorry I'm a little late."

"That's Ok Andrew," I reply, " I was a little late too."

"Let me set up for your lesson."

        "Ok," I say. I've been dancing since I was in diapers. I used to do ballet when I was 5. But like most people, I grew out of it.  Now I take contemporary dance. Personally, I think that I am good, but there are always things that I can do better at.

       "I'm done," Andrew calls from inside the studio, " we can get started now."

      " Got it, I'm coming," I yell. I enter the studio and I see a video on the screen. " What are we learning today?" I ask.

     Andrew reply's,  "We're learning a new dance today, but soon you will require another dance partner. I will help you find one when you perfect this dance."

   "Ok," I grumble. I didn't want a dance partner. I am perfectly fine with my solo career.

(This is the dance that Annabeth is learning)

I learn the dance after two hours and race back home because I am starving. I arrive home to a wierdly excited family. "Ugh," I ask confused, "Why are you guys so happy?"

          My step mom Helen pipes up, " Were happy because your selection packet came in the mail today and guess what," she didn't give me time to respond, "I spent the time that you were gone to fill out the whole packet and turn it in."

" WHAT!" I scream, "Why Would You Do THAT!? I DO NOT WANT TO COMPETE FOR SOME SHALLOW PRINCES HEART!" I storm into my room. I don't want to compete with 35 other girls, that I don't even know, for some stuck up brat. It sucks that they still hold this tradition. That loser should be forced to try to find real love not some fake kind that I'm about to experience first hand.  I don't even know his name! It starts with a 'p,'  I think.

*Two weeks later*

It is two weeks later and Annabeth has completely forgotten about the selection. She has almost mastered the dance that she and Andrew have been working on.  

I was about to go to bed and turn off the TV but, the Prince's face popped up on the screen and announced that this is a mandatory show. He goes on and says that he will be drawing the names for the up coming selection he started on a big red bucket in front of him. And he read the names that came of the paper.

"Piper McLean, Nevada, 2"

"Rachel E. Dare, Vermont, 5"

He kept on repeating this until he got to California.

He reads, "Annabeth Chase, 2, Virginia."

( Thank you if some one is reading this. This is my first Wattpad story and I hope It is not that bad. If so I will go in with a group of editors aka my friends and we will edit till its perfect!)