Chapter 33

Annabeth's POV

Sitting at my seat in giant dinning hall, breakfast was passed out between the contestants. When I walked in the massive room, I realized the seriousness of this competition. If I didn't understand from their magnificent outfits, you could feel the tension. I bet Leo, that tech -guy could probably find a way to cut this tension with a knife. I don't know how, but I feel like her could do it.

Hazel, the shy girl I met earlier was wearing a beautiful purple gown with gold flakes around the bottom. The dress itself was very modest, with long sleeves. It was unlike my dress in most ways.   I couldn't see her feat, but If I had to guess, she was wearing some sort of gold-color shoes.

Drew, the girl that I still despise to this day was wearing a blue dress, WhAt A sUrPrIsE. Because she is Drew, she wore a dress with a rip that goes all the way to her mid thigh. Surprisingly, she also wear sleeves, like Hazel, a very un-Drew-like thing to do. Her heals were silver, with  a rose color kinda infused, it was pretty. Did I really just think that, I questioned myself. Never have I ever agreed with something that that girl did until now. She also had a face full of make up. But, that's what Drew did.

Lastly, I saw Rachel. Let me just tell you, she was extremely pretty. She had her red hair straight down. It looked cool with its waves. She had a dark green ball gown on, it was puffy, but she pulled it of. To complete her look, she wore these silver heals that climbed up her leg in a vine-like pattern. It looked gorgeous. (Cue the Taylor Swift Song. JK)

While I was analyzing the other girls here, I realized that I probably looked very creepy. After noticing this fact I tried to stop the laugh that was coming up my throat. The best I  could do was close my lips so a quiet chuckled was produced.

Piper looked at me, concern written all over her face, "Why are you laughing, you weren't even talking to anyone."

I shook my head, "I was staring at some people. And I mean starring, starring. Not like the love type, more of a stalker version."

"Like this?" She asked, immediately after she stared to stare at me. Let me just tell you, what ever she was doing, that was not it. Her eyes were wide open and it looked like she was going crazy.

I looked her and laughed, "No more like this." After I said that I tried my best to do what I was doing early.

"I don't know what that, " she stuck her hand out and shocked it over my face, "but that was not it."

After that Piper and I laughed.

Breakfast was goo, with eggs and hash-browns. There was orange juice and some fruit salads.

After we were served, like always, the royal family entered, the selected stood up and bowed. And then we sat down. Then I relieved it, something felt wrong and I think that everyone else felt it too. Even little Zoe felt it. I saw her in middle of breakfast pull on her mothers fancy dress, "Mommy, why is everyone so quiet?" Her mother just put her fingers to her lips, shushing her.

I was confused because Sally seemed like an amazing human being, that was until Percy stood up. He cleared his throat before talking, "Hello, everyone,' right then I knew something was wrong, "I know that this is abrupt, but I am going to be eliminating people right now."

Even though I completely terrified a small, small part of my mind was correcting his grammar. That is wrong, on so many levels.

"I'll let you know now that if you won the talent show you are safe," you could sighs of relief from around the room, mine included, " the people leaving us are, Elizabeth, Abbey, Summer, Felicity, Penelope, Grace, Olivia, Ava, Julie  and Isabel. I'm so sorry ladies, but the maids have packed your things you are to all leave in an hour. Again I truly am sorry. "

After that, you could hear crying and quiet curses from around the room. One girl, I think she was Ava walked up to Percy and asked him was, "Why? I can be better. What do you want me to do, I can be perfect!" She stared to cry near the end of her sentence.

Percy just stared at the girl uncomfortably, soon guards came and pried the girl from her crying positions on the floor.

For now, my friends and I were safe. And that was good enough for me.

Okay! I'm done with this chapter. I know I probably should have added more to the story, sorry. That you guys so much! I can't believe that so many people have read my story. Its unbelievable. There will be the ball, the dance that the dance winners won and the report in the next 2 chapters. Thank you again for reading! Stay safe and healthy!