Chapter 40

I can't believe I am at chapter 40 already! This is all thanks to you guys! Thanks for encouraging me to continue writing even when sometimes, I don't want to.

Hey everyone! From this point forward the story's going to get a little dark. I wont get to creepy. Most of the things that will include in this and the next few chapters will be forms of torture, bleeding, mention of death but not going into that much detail, poisoning and other things that I can't remember off the top of my head. If you get scared or just want to read a non-gory version of this story, when it is done, I'll include a few chapter which sum up what happened without going into detail and only hitting the crucial parts. And if you really want the chapter sooner comment somewhere in this story and I'll see it and create something. I don't know what I'll do yet though. Okay... on with the story! 

Annabeth's POV 

So... you know when I said that I knew exactly how to escape. Well, maybe I don't know how. I've been here for a couple days now and I've been in cell the whole time. It's been pretty boring. Percy is still being Percy and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad one. But we both are fine, despite that we are held hostage. 

I looked at Percy realizing it should be time for our "meal." It is not really a meal. It basically includes bad cafeteria food and an orange for me, not for Percy. I sighed getting my taste buds prepared for literal crap. 

I watched as the guards walked into my vision. "What in Hades are you doing here!" I yelled at Luke who was with the guards. 

He approached my cell and looked directly into my eyes. "To bad Annie, we could've been a power couple. The rulers of this pathetic little kingdom. But you ruined that. I wonder... what could've happened if you were a good little girl."

I knew that there was rage behind my eyes when I spat on his face. 

He leaned away from my cell and wiped the spit of my face. Then went over to Percy's cell. "Why isn't it little princy. Who gets everything handed to him on a golden spoon. I will be glad when we destroy your whole life in front of your lives." He smirked. 

Percy looked back and answered, "Well isn't it the person that I am going to beat the living hades out of. I wish you could've been a little stronger so I will have an actual fight." 

Luke stepped back and looked at the other guards that were next to him. Immediately, they  opened out cells with their little key cards. I ran to try to get out but the guard quickly grabbed my hands. "Let me go!" I yelled. 

The guard raised my hands over my head once Luke stomped into the room. "Now Annie, someone needs to teach you some manners he said while putting his pointer finger under my chin. 

"Let her go!" Percy yelled as he struggled in the grip that the guard had on him. 

Quickly, I lowered my head and bit his finger. Hard. He immediately drew it away and held it for a second. I hope that I caused him pain. 

"You better behave when we show you to the boss, he doesn't take any sorts of disrespect." He said in a reprehensive tone. 

"I could care less about your boss." I said under my breath. Like really, whats the worst that can happen. 

-- 5 minutes later --

Status update, I am currently in a weird looking room. It looks like a student film set that is supposed to be throne room, but with zero budget. Literally it is a dining room table chair on a piece on wood, it could not be less intimidating. 

My train of thought stopped when this 60 year old man came in the room. What is he going to do? Lecture me? 

I looked at this elderly man as he sat on this terrible throne. Like it seriously could look less scary. 

"Well, well, well isn't it Annabeth, Im so glad your back!" He said. 

What does this Captain Crunch looking dude think he is talking to? Did he lose his sense of sight when he grew up or something cause I have never been here before. 

"Umm... Im sorry, but I've never met you before." I said back in a weary tone. 

"Now, now Annabeth I know that it's been awhile since we've talked but you don't have to put up the act anymore. You successfully completed your mission. You have brought the "prince" here. Now you can go back with your friends."

What is this man talking about. Percy and I glanced at each looking at each other like what is this man talking about. It was hard to do that because of the people behind us who brought us into this room. They did it by forcefully pulling us through twist and turns in this facility. It probably could be a set in a horror movie. But since it was day I wasn't that scared. 

Some girl in tights comes in through the side door, Reyna? All my memories flood in at once. She told me we meet in grade school. But she was also one of Percy's best friends? How have I never thought about this. She had to be lying to at least one of us because become a guard is a lifetime commitment. She whispers into this old mans ear something that I really can't pick up. 

The old dude turns and looks back at us, "So... Annabeth remember how you "lost your memory" well you never did. See my good friend Reyna over here put one of our short term memory wipers: it changes someones past and makes them forget the recent present.One of my favorite things that I have created so far."

I looked at the girl that I thought was my friend in shock. "Why?" I asked her. 

"Why? Because there will be a war, and I love winning." I looked at her. So she couldn't be any less creepy, nice. 

I looked back at the old man, "I don't even know your name? Who are you?"

"I think you've learned about me before. The king who was a tyrant. Who ended civilizations. Who you are glad you never lived in the same time frame as him, but you're wrong. Because he is right here. "He" is me. I am Kronos."

Silence followed that. 

No one knew what to say. 

I was in a a sense of disarray when I was pulled away from Percy. 

I could sense him screaming for me after I felt a prick on my neck. 

I didn't know what was going on as he was placed in the torture room and I was laid on the soft bed. 

I was confused when I woke up the next morning in a dorm of girls. 

I was even more confused when I recognized more than half of these girls from the selection. 

OMG!!! thank you guys soo much for reading my story I love writing chaos so this was perfect for me! I am so happy to share this with you! I'll try to update soon! But don't be surprised if it won't be until next weekend. Okay! Stay healthy and safe!