Chapter 41

Trigger Warning: Mentions of getting beat up. 

Percy POV

I knew I was dreaming when I saw Annabeth. I knew this because she looked fine. Like we were back at the castle. I also knew that I was dreaming because we were in a field or flowers. Every type of flower was here: roses, lilies, dahlias, all of them. The field had tall grass while the flowers were closer to the ground. I saw Annabeth looking at the ground at a particular flower. I slowly approached the girl and saw her face was wet with tears. 

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Hey, whats wrong?" I asked. 

She looked up at my through teary eyes. She quickly clawed at her eyes with the palms of her hands, wiping the tears off. "Nothing," she spoke in a wavering voice, "Im fine, its just..." She looked down at the flowers, "Never-mind.  So... I'm guessing that this is another dream thing. And I'm guessing that back in reality we are separated."

I looked at Annabeth, I sat down on the ground and slung my arm around her shoulder. She leaned her head against my shoulder, then started to say, " You know I would never work for that old guy. I- I just want us to get out of this place ok? And I'm sorry if-" 

I cut her off by turning to look at her tears returning to her eyes, "Hey, hey. I know you would never do something like that, ok? And this is not your fault, no don't even give me that look, it was my idea to out of this town and Reyna was the one who told us that we were safe. If anything this is her fault. I should've recognized sooner that she wasn't really my friend, she was always off, in a way. I don't know."

She signed and looked up at me, "You know you never apologized for yelling at me, or anything else..."

I looked at this beautiful girl in front of me feeling like absolute crap. "I'm so sorry. I never meant it at all. I was stupid and dumb and the only reason I did it was to get you to---" I trialed off not wanting to say the rest. 

"She raised an eyebrow. "You got something to say to me, Seaweed Brain?"

You'd probably kick my butt."

You know I'd kick your butt."" - The Last Olympian  by Rick Rioridon, (I have to credit this but pretend it's just their conversation."

"Ugh.." I sighed, "What I meant to say if that I think you're, no, I know that you're," I stopped mid-sentence. 

""I looked over and saw that she was trying not to smile.

You're laughing at me," I complained.

I am not!"

You are so not making this easy."

Then she laughed for real, and she put her hands
around my neck. "I am never, ever going to make things easy for you, Seaweed Brain. Get used to it."" - The Last Olympian by Rick Rioridon - (same as before)

I stared into the beautiful girl the sun hitting her skin just right, the color making her glow. I leaned down towards the girl who made me feel something real, not my family or my teacher or even my friend, this is the girl who made me feel whole. I was thinking these things as i leaned down towards her lips. 

 I have always heard about princess and princesses kidding in a middle of a field with the lighting perfect. I had always thought that they were made up- like the Percy Jackson movies. But there I was, having a fairytale kiss with a fairytale girl. As I pulled away I looked down at the radiant girl below me. I smiled think that everything was fine, for once. 

I knew that this wasn't reality. I knew that when I woke, I would be living a nightmare, so I tried to cherish these precious moments that I had. 

I glanced down at the Annabeth she smiled and leaned back up but before her lips touched mine I woke up with my face hurting. 

I was lying on the concrete floor, beaten up and bruised. I was almost 100% sure that I had at least broken one or two ribs. I stood up in a worse place then I was before. Before, I was in a jail cell that was disgusting. This place was absolutely revolting. It smelt like death or rotten fish, it depends on what you were given for lunch: slop pile one or two. 

It has been two days since Annabeth and I have been separated. Im guessing that she has been sleeping the whole time because I was given threats and orders, I'll give you a rundown. 

Don't speak, walk or touch anything unless you're told to. If you don't follow the rules or else Annabeth gets hurt. I would never ever let that happen, especially after last night. 

I sighed staring into the gray walls of my new cell. Yesterday I was dragged from my legs to here as a punishment of not quote on quote, "Shutting up." I suppose that was supposed to be threatening, I don't know. I all I know is that my face now hurts. 

I sighed and thought about what happened if I never went on that stupid trip. But something instead me tells me that we would've gotten caught sooner or later. 

Ok! Thank you everyone for reading! I really appreciate it after I let you on a cliff hanger for like 2 weeks... I'll try to post tomorrow though. I hope everyone has a great day/ night. Stay safe and healthy!