18

Your POV

I fixed myself in the camera of my phone as I stood outside of my room, not wanting Lauren to ask any questions about my appearance.

I took a deep breath before opening the door and entering. Lauren looked up from where she was sitting on her bed and sent me a welcoming smile.

"Hey," she greeted as I shut the door behind me and put my things down next to my bed.

"Hey, Lo," I said back, shooting her a smile. "You ready to study?"

"Slow down, Y/ln," she laughed. "You just got back and we still have a couple days until this exam. You are allowed to take a break, you know?"

I let out a breath, falling back on my bed and shutting my eyes briefly. I was pretty tired, but I knew if I didn't study now I'd fall asleep and never get it done.

"Okay, we can take a little break, but we need to study soon," I said, sitting back up and looking in Lauren's direction.

"Lo?" I questioned when I saw her zoned out.

I traced her line of sight and realized she was staring at my neck line.

Well, so much for hiding them.

"Is Camila a vampire?" Lauren halfway joked, but her laugh seemed forced.

"She might be actually," I joked back. "Let's just say she knows what she's doing."

"I'm surprised she had enough self control to wait this long," Lauren said.

Lauren seemed a little bit off, but I brushed it off because I knew she had a rough day. Today was her long day for class because she had a lab and she told me earlier that she didn't get the grade she was hoping for on her last exam.

I laughed off her joke even though it made me think a little bit. Was Camila the type of person to sleep around or something?

"How about we start studying?" Lauren changed the subject, making me nod immediately.

She got up and grabbed her notebook and pencil before walking over to my side of the room and sitting next to me on my bed.

"Here," I said, putting a hand out for her to hand me her notebook. "Let's compare notes for the chapter we had to read real quick. I want to see if you noticed anything that I might've missed."

Lauren watched as I opened both of our notebooks and scanned the pages in front of me. I felt her eyes on me briefly, scanning my face and back down to my neck. I discreetly adjusted my shirt to cover the hickeys again, making a mental note to cover them with makeup in the morning.

Lauren laid her head on my shoulder as she watched me continue to compare notes. She was closer than usual, but nothing completely out of the blue since both of us were pretty touchy people.

It was a normal occurrence for one of us to end up in the others bed when we were just in our room hanging out.

I didn't think anything of her being a little extra touchy or the comments she made about Camila. I mean, her and Camila have known each other longer than any of us so maybe that was just another way they joked around.

Whatever it was, I wasn't about to overthink it.