22

Your POV

I bit my lip in focus as my eyes scanned the page in front of me. I was in Camila's room and we were actually studying for once.

I mean, actually studying wasn't new to me. I always got my work done one way or another, but Camila never got anything done while I was here so I was impressed she was actually doing her work.

"Hey, baby?" Camila asked, gaining my attention. "Have you seen my highlighter?"

I looked around where I was sitting briefly before shaking my head.

"I don't see it," I told my girlfriend.

"Damn," she said, marking her place in the textbook before standing up and going to her desk to find her highlighter.

I watched with a small smile as she rummaged around her messy desk to find what she was looking for.

"You know if you kept your stuff in order it would probably be a little easier to find things when you needed them," I said, laughing when she flipped me off over her shoulder.

Camila's phone went off beside me and my laughter died down quickly when I saw the name that flashed across the screen with a message notification next to it.

You have got to be joking.

I didn't want to believe it for a second, picking up my girlfriends phone and opening the message. She was too busy to notice what I was doing.

Sure enough, she had been texting her ex, and quite a lot too. I didn't even bother to read any of the messages as I scrolled with my thumb to see they had been texting daily for the past couple weeks.

I felt my eyes beginning to water as thoughts of worst case scenario bounced around in my head.

I quickly composed myself, not wanting to show any emotion in this situation. It was my fault.

I should've known better than to get so close to someone so quickly. I locked Camila's phone before clearing my throat.

"Hey," I started, clenching my fist. "You got a text."

Camila froze. She knew immediately.

She turned around slowly, her face dropping when she saw me holding her phone.

"Y/n-"

I cut her off with a humorless chuckle. I didn't want to hear her excuses and she knew that from my tone alone.

"Don't," I said, tossing her phone in her direction.

She caught it and I started packing my things.

"Y/n, stop. I can explain," Camila tried as she came over to me quickly. "It's not what it looks like."

I wasn't even listening to what she was saying. I didn't want to listen. I wanted to leave.

I shoved everything in my bag before standing up, looking down to see I had been sitting on her highlighter.

"There's your highlighter," I pointed before slipping my shoes onto my feet.

"I don't fucking care about the highlighter," Camila brushed off, stepping in front of me to stop me from walking out.

"Get out of my way, Camila," I told her sternly.

She flinched at my use of her actual name. I never called her by her actual name.

"Please," she whispered. "Let me explain."

"Read my lips," I said before speaking slowly. "No."

Camila's face dropped at how cold and emotionless I was being. That was a side of me she hadn't seen before. A side of me that didn't put up with any bullshit.

I walked past her and out of her room, not looking back once the whole way out of her building.

I fought the urge to cry the entire walk back to my room, even working up the courage to wave back to a few people who said hey to me.

I finally made it to my own building, crossing my fingers that Lauren wouldn't be in the room because if she was I knew I wouldn't be able to compose myself.

I unlocked the door, my heart sinking when I saw Lauren on her bed with her phone against her ear.

She smiled at me, but it didn't even last a second when she saw the look on my face. Her eyebrows furrowed and her posture changed.

"Hey, I'll call you back," Lauren quickly said before hanging up.

The door shut behind me and it was like that triggered everything. Tears immediately started flowing down my cheeks as I dropped my bag.

"Y/n..." Lauren trailed off as she rushed to pull me into a hug. "Hey, come here."

She led me to her bed and laid us both down. I curled into her side, soaking her shirt with my tears. My hands were clenched and Lauren must've noticed because she grabbed them and guided me to hold onto her shirt instead.

"What's wrong?" Lauren whispered, which made me cry even harder.

I was shaking and felt a panic attack coming, but Lauren was standing in the way of that. She began running her hand across my back, her other caressing my cheek.

"It's okay," Lauren spoke gently. "It's okay to cry. Whenever you want to talk about it I'm here."

I sniffled, doing everything in my power to try to stop myself from shaking.

"Camila..." I was finally able to get out. "She- ugh."

I was frustrated because I was stuttering, but Lauren seemed to know more than I thought from the expression on her face.

"Camila did what?" She asked me, using both of her hands to cup my cheeks so she could look at me.

"She- her ex," I stuttered, shutting my eyes hard so I could try to focus. "She's talking... to her- her ex."

Lauren's face told me everything I needed to know.

She was angry.

"I'm going to fucking kill her," Lauren spoke, standing up quickly.

"No," I said, grabbing her wrist so she would look at me. "Please. I need you- right now."

Lauren's expression softened at my words and she nodded in understanding.

She kneeled and began untying my shoes. I allowed her to slip them off of my feet before she walked to shut the light off.

She came back to her bed, laying next to me and pulling a blanket over both of us. I snuggled into her side and she started tracing patterns into my back to help me calm down more.

I shut my eyes, my thoughts still going a million miles an hour.

What was I going to do?