7

Your POV

I was sitting in my bed scrolling mindlessly through social media on my phone when I got a text from Lauren.

Lo:
I'm on my way back to the room. Is it okay if Camila comes over?

My stomach did a little flip at the message.

Y/n:
yea of course

Y/n:
also you don't have to ask me for permission every time you want to invite someone over lmao

Lo:
I was just checkinggg

Lo:
but we'll be there in ten

I immediately jumped out of bed and rummaged through my drawers to find a different outfit.

I was in a pair of sweatpants and extra large t-shirt and Camila did not need to see me looking like this.

I put on a white crop top and left on my black sweatpants, rolling the waistband so they didn't seem as big on me as they actually were.

I pulled my hair into a messy bun, not being able to work up any more energy than that to make myself look presentable.

I sat back in my bed knowing Lauren and Camila would be walking in any minute now, and I was right. Soon enough I could hear the two girls talking and laughing before the door even opened. 

I looked up from my phone when the door swung open, revealing exactly who I was expecting.

"Hey, Y/n," Lauren greeted as they walked in and the door shut behind them.

"Hey," I greeted my roommate before turning my attention to her best friend, who looked like she was having a lot of trouble forming a sentence.

"Hi, Camila," I decided to speak up first, snapping the girl out of whatever trance she was in before.

"Oh- hey," she said, flashing me a smile that made butterflies erupt in my stomach.

I knew I was blushing, so I decided to turn my attention back to my phone as the other two girls placed down their things and began studying.

"Do you mind if we play music?" Lauren asked me.

It made me laugh how courteous she was. She always asked before bringing someone over or changing something around even though she didn't need to.

"No, of course not. I'm not doing work anyways I'm actually all caught up on schoolwork for the first time since we've been on campus," I said with a laugh.

"What's your major?" Camila asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Undecided," I shrugged, knowing how boring that sounded. "I can't figure out what I want to do with my life."

"I feel that pain," she said with a small sigh. "I didn't decided on business until like a month before we moved on campus, and I'm still not sure if that's what I want to do."

I was about to speak again when Lauren's phone rang, making everyone look in her direction. She answered it and talked for a second, neither me or Camila being able to gather much info from only hearing one side of the conversation.

"Okay, I can be there in like thirty," Lauren said before hanging up.

"I have to run. Family thing. My mom needs me, but I'll be back," Lauren explained in the worst way possible before grabbing her keys. "You two have fun."

The door shut behind her and I immediately looked over at Camila with furrowed eyebrows.

"What the fuck was that?" I asked. "Did she just-"