12

Your POV

"Lauren, it's fucking weird. You can't tell me it's not weird," I rambled as I paced back and forth.

Camila had left about twenty minutes ago and Lauren and I immediately began talking about earlier.

"Y/n, calm down. It's probably just a coincidence," Lauren said, watching me walk back and forth from where she was sitting on her bed.

"A coincidence? Lauren, I have no idea how I got this. Not to mention this isn't necessarily a place a bruise would just pop up. I would remember if i got hit in the shoulder or something," I told her, stopping in my tracks for a moment to explain myself.

"Y/n, what exactly are you insinuating this is?" Lauren asked me.

"Lauren, if I had any idea do you think I would be freaking out right now?"

"Yes, because you're you and you freak yourself out a lot. Just sit down for a second," she told me, standing up and guiding me to sit on my own bed. "It's a coincidence."

"Okay, but what if-"

"No," Lauren cut me off. "Stop overthinking it."

"Lauren, this is way too weird for it to not be connected. I've been getting random bruises. Camila is the clumsiest person we know. Not to mention I already expressed how weird it was that her and I clicked to quickly."

I was rambling and I could tell Lauren was thinking hard about everything I was saying. It was like she wanted to believe me but she couldn't quite get there.

"Y/n, do you hear yourself? That's crazy," Lauren said. "If you said this in front of a doctor they would put you in a psych ward."

"Do you think I don't understand that? I know it sounds crazy but-"

"Stop," Lauren said. "I have an idea."

"An idea?" I asked with raised eyebrows as Lauren turned and walked toward her bed.

I watched closely as she looked around for a second before grabbing the remote.

"Lauren, what are you doing?" I asked as she turned back towards me.

Lauren didn't say a word as she seemed to be contemplating what to do next.

"Lauren-"

I was cut off when the remote smacked me in the forehead.

"Ow! What the fuck was that?" I asked as I covered my face, realizing she threw the remote at me. "Are you fucking nuts?"

"That's my idea," Lauren shrugged, walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water out of it.

She walked over and handed the cold bottle to me so I could place it against my forehead.

"Lauren, that's going to leave a fucking bruise on my face," I continued to fuss. "Why the fuck- oh."

I stopped speaking when I put the pieces together, rolling my eyes at the smug look on Lauren's face.

"You want to know if your crazy theory is real? We'll know by tomorrow," Lauren shrugged. "You can thank me later."

"I will not be thanking you for hitting me in the face with the remote," I told her as I walked into our shared bathroom and looked in the mirror.

I winced when I poked the bump that was forming on my forehead. It was already starting to bruise.

"You couldn't have hit me anywhere else? You have terrible aim," I told her as I walked back in the room and showed her my forehead.

"I played softball. I have great aim," Lauren told me. "It hit you in the forehead because I was aiming for your forehead."

"Why couldn't you have aimed for my leg?" I asked the girl who just laughed.

"I had to aim somewhere I knew Camila didn't already have a bruise. You said it yourself, she's the clumsiest person we know. If she has a bruise on her forehead tomorrow then you can consider me a believer in soulmates. No questions asked," Lauren explained.

I shook my head, sitting back on my bed and allowing my thoughts to run wild.

Soulmates. Holy shit.