10

Your POV

"I think that about does it. Thank you guys so much for an amazing semester. I hope to see you all around campus," our professor spoke.

I took a deep breath, feeling relief wash over me since that was my last final of the week and I could officially take a deep breath.

I took my time gathering my things, but was stopped just before I was about to head out.

"Ms. Y/ln? Will you stay behind for just a minute? I'd like to speak to you."

Just like that I was back to being anxious.

When everyone was out of the classroom my professor spoke again.

"I want to congratulate you on a great semester," he started as he leaned against the front of his desk. "Especially, this final project. You really went above and beyond with this one, and I was happy to see you bring color back. When was the last time you turned in something with color? Week two? Three?"

I laughed a little and ducked my head.

"Thank you," I spoke. "I appreciate your feedback. It means a lot."

"My pleasure," he nodded. "I'm glad you found a muse."

I blushed at the comment.

So, I eventually did decide what I wanted to draw in the eyes reflection. I drew Lauren. You couldn't tell exactly who it was. The women's full face wasn't in the photo, but if you really looked and knew who she was, you could see it.

"Have a good Christmas," I told my professor as I adjusted my bag on my shoulder.

"You as well," he nodded at me before I walked out.

"So, what was that about?" Shawn asked as soon as I stepped out the classroom, scaring me.

"Jesus, Shawn!" I slapped his arm. "You're lucky I didn't hit you harder."

He laughed as we continued to walk out of the building side by side.

"He was just congratulating me on a good semester," I brushed him off. "Nothing serious."

"Really?" Shawn asked skeptically.

I could tell he didn't believe me.

"How'd you come up with the idea for your final?" He asked as we waited for the cross walk to allow us to cross the street. "Big difference between a car accident and a girl."

I rose my eyebrows and looked at him.

"Shut up," I said, making him laugh.

I knew what he was hinting at. He figured out it was Lauren.

"Shawn, if you tell her that I drew her I will literally castrate you."

He winced visibly.

"I'm serious."

"I won't," he rose his hands to show he was going to comply. "I swear I won't say a word."

"Good."

"So, are you willing to admit now that it's more than a little crush?"

"No," I stated simply.

"Okay," he nodded. "One day."

I couldn't help but smile. He meant well and was understanding about me not wanting to talk about it. I knew he just wanted to see me happy.

"Are you going home for Christmas?" I asked him as we approached my dorm.

"I am," he said happily. "Want to come?"

"Shawn, I'm not going to Canada for Christmas. Are you crazy?"

"Why not?" he asked. "It'll be fun!"

"How many inches of snow are there on the ground right now?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Like... a foot," he spoke, smiling when my mouth dropped.

"Yea, hell no," I shook my head. "Maybe next year."

He opened his arms and I stood there with furrowed eyebrows.

"Give me a hug," he said. "I don't know if I'll see you again before next semester."

I rolled my eyes and stepped in to hug him. He was genuinely a really good friend and I was so happy to have him, but I had to mess with him too.

"I'll see you later, okay?" He said as we separated and I went to go inside.

"Bye, Shawn. Merry Christmas," I smiled and shook my head. "Safe travels!"

"You too!" He shouted as he walked away, making a heart with his hands.

I laughed and made one back before going inside.