2

Your POV

"This class fucking sucks," Lauren said from where she was sitting, which made me laugh.

We had been on campus for about two weeks now and classes were in full swing. Lauren and I actually found out we had one class together when we compared schedules, and right now we were studying for a quiz.

"You're right, but we still have to get this done," I told her as I continued to write notes on the reading. "You finished writing notes?"

"No," she answered, throwing a balled up piece of paper my way.

I sent her a glare when it hit me in the forehead.

"Lauren, finish writing," I told her, making her roll her eyes playfully.

"Okay, mom," she said with a smirk as she began writing again. "When I finish this chapter can we call it for the day. This quiz isn't until Friday anyways."

"Yea, we can do that," I nodded, writing my last sentence before sitting up to stretch my arms.

I caught Lauren's eye looking me over when the white crop top I was wearing rode up farther than it already was.

I smirked slightly and threw the piece of paper back at her, making her jump.

"Stop checking me out and finish your notes."

"I wasn't checking you out," she defended before beginning to write again.

"Yes, you were," I said in a cocky tone before sliding my finished notes her way for her to copy.

"Well stop being hot and I won't check you out," she told me before going back to her writing.

I just laughed and sat back on my phone while she finished up. When she was done we packed up our things and left the study room we were in to head back to our dorm.

Lauren seemed more engrossed in her phone than usual on our walk back, but I didn't bother her. I waved to a few people who I knew from a class we shared, but other than that the walk back to the dorm was pretty uneventful.

When we arrived I threw my bag on the floor and collapsed on my bed, Lauren still glued to her phone.

"Hey, is it okay if I invite a few people over to hang out later?" She suddenly addressed me.

"Yea, that's cool with me. Who are they?" I asked her as I sat up and looked her way.

"Just friends from class and one of them I've known for years because she went to the same high school as me," Lauren explained. "They're super cool. You'll love them."

I laughed with a smile as Lauren hyped her friends up.

"They said they'd bring food and we can watch a movie or something."

"Sounds good to me," I told her.

A few hours later there was a series of loud knocks on the door and Lauren was jumping up to answer it.

"Dinah, fuck off," Lauren said when the knocking continued until the door swung open to reveal a tall girl with bags in her hands.

"Well, open it faster next time," she said sassily before letting herself in and sitting on Lauren's bed.

Lauren rolled her eyes with a small smile before two other girls walked in behind the first.

"Where's Camila?" Lauren asked as the girls made themselves comfortable.

"She completely forgot about a group project she had to go help with for her psychology class. She told us to tell you she'll come around next time," a short girl answered.

"You must be Y/n," the tall girl said, addressing me directly.

"I am," I smiled.

"You're gorgeous. No wonder Lauren never shuts up about you," she responded, making Lauren's eyes widen.

"Awwwww. You talk about me?" I asked Lauren, making blush form on her cheeks.

"Of course I do. You're my roommate," Lauren answered before sending the tall girl a look.

"Y/n, these are my friends. Dinah, Ally, and Normani," she explained, pointing at each of them as she said their names. "Camila is my friend from high school, but as you heard something came up."

"Nice to know Lauren didn't get stuck with a weirdo like Ally did," Dinah joked, making Normani and Lauren laugh.

"She's a sweet girl. Don't make fun of her," Ally scolded.

I could already tell she was the mom of the friend group.

"A sweet girl with a horse poster on her wall, yea," Dinah said, pulling boxes of Chinese food out of the bags she brought in.

"So, what movie are we watching?" Normani asked, changing the subject.

"Y/n is going to pick it," Lauren said, tossing the remote in my direction.

I caught the remote seconds before it would've hit me in the face and glared at Lauren.

"No, I'm not. You know I can't make decisions," I told Lauren.

"That's why you're picking. I'm training you to be decisive," she said with a smug smile.

"I hate you," I told the girl before turning the tv on.

"No, you don't," she said, blowing me a kiss whenever I flicked her off.

Looks like I was in charge of the entertainment.