13

Your POV

I took a deep breath as I walked into work. It was still pretty early in the morning and Normani and Shawn were already there.

I adjusted the beanie on my head after I slipped my apron on. I never really wore hats, but I had to steal one of Lauren's beanies this morning to hide the huge bruise on my forehead.

I was just glad it was fifty degrees outside, so it wasn't entirely weird that I was wearing a beanie in Miami.

"Good morning, Y/n," Shawn greeted as I walked behind the counter.

"Good morning," I greeted him with a smile.

He was always pretty cheery early in the morning and it made me smile.

"Hey, girl," Normani said as she emerged from the back with a new carton of milk.

"Hey, Mani," I greeted the girl.

She looked up at me and furrowed her eyebrows.

"What?" I asked her when she didn't say anything.

"I've never seen you in a hat," Normani shrugged with a laugh. "Were you cold this morning or something?"

"You've never seen me in a hat because I hate hats," I told her as I grabbed a rag to wipe the counter off.

"Then why are you wearing one?" Shawn asked, both of them now looking at me.

I didn't say anything as I pulled the beanie off my head and let them see the bruise.

"Holy shit," Normani said, grabbing my face to look at it.

"What did you do?" Shawn asked me, his voice full of concern.

"I didn't do anything. Lauren and I were messing around and she tossed the remote at me. Obviously, I didn't catch it," I explained.

Normani stifled a laugh while Shawn still looked genuinely concerned.

"I would've killed her," Normani told me as she got back to what she was doing.

"Trust me. I wanted to," I said as I slipped the beanie back on my head.

"You guys been busy this morning?" I asked my two coworkers.

"We were earlier. I swear you're so lucky you have eight am classes because the morning rush is ridiculous sometimes," Shawn explained to me.

"I think I'd rather deal with the morning rush than go to class at eight in the morning, so I don't know if I consider myself lucky," I admitted with a laugh.

I looked down at my phone when it buzzed, indicating that I got a text message.

Mila:
hey are you at work

I typed out a message quickly and sent it as two guys walked in.

Y/n:
Yuppp. What's up?

"What can I get you guys?" I asked the two men.

"Two medium coffees. One with creamer and the other with whole milk," the dark haired boy in front told me with a smile.

"Sugar?" I asked him, looking up to catch him staring hard.

The door opened and I looked behind him to see Camila walk in. I smiled in her direction before turning back to the guy in front of me.