5

Your POV

"Again?" Lauren asked as I laid back on my bed.

I nodded, not having the energy to fight about any of it. Camila texted about ten minutes ago that she could no longer do dinner with me tonight. Something about homework and getting off of work late.

I don't even know. If I'm being honest I only read half the message before being petty and turning on my read receipts so she knew I was mad.

I know that wasn't the way to handle things, but after getting cancelled on three times in one week I feel like I deserved a free pass.

"I'm sorry, love," Lauren spoke as she sat on the edge of my bed. "Come on."

I lifted my head to watch Lauren pull on a pair of shoes and grab her keys.

"Where are we going?" I asked her, confused about what was going on.

"I'm taking you to dinner," Lauren told me as if it was obvious. "Put on your shoes."

"I thought you had plans with Haley?" I asked her as I sat up on my bed.

My shoulders were hunched over and I knew I looked pitiful right now. I felt defeated.

"I'll tell her I have something more important to do," she waved me off. "You deserve to be appreciated. If Camila doesn't want to do it, I will."

I blushed a little and ducked my head before scrambling to put on my shoes. This is exactly why I knew I'd always have a tiny crush on Lauren. She was such a sweetheart and had a heart of gold.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Lauren led the way out of our dormitory.

"We'll figure it out," she smiled, taking my hand and opening the car down for me.

"Okay."

~*~*~

Cam<3:
hey i'm sorry about cancelling earlier

Cam<3:
do u still want to come over

I shook my head at the messages that came through at almost one in the morning. Camila knew I wasn't asleep, and I knew I was going to cave and answer her.

Y/n:
You have time now?

I was being petty and I really wished Lauren was awake right now to take my phone away, because chances were I was going to cave.

Cam<3:
come over pls i want to make it up to u

Just like that I was slipping on my shoes and trying my best not to wake up Lauren as I exited our room. She better have something spectacular planned since I was driving over there at one o'clock in the morning.

When I arrived the door was unlocked. I knew Ally was in bed sleeping, so I locked the door behind me as I made my way to Camila's room.

"Hey," she spoke as I closed the door behind me. "Come over here."

I walked to her bed and sat at the edge. I wasn't ready to forgive her yet.

"Y/n, come on. Don't be like that," she told me, grabbing my hand and pulling me further onto the bed.

I allowed her to do so, curling up next to her as tears began to slip out of my eyes.

"Don't cry, baby."

"Camila, what's wrong," I asked as I wiped my face. "Why do you keep blowing me off. All I want is to see you more than twice a week. I could literally just sit in the same room as you while you play on your phone and be happy."

"Nothing is wrong, baby," she shook her head. "I have just been really busy. You know that."

I put my head in my hands as she spoke, sitting up so that I was no longer leaning against her. I just wanted space at the moment.

"It feels like you're pulling away," I shook my head. "Like we exited the honeymoon phase and you just... shut down."

"No. No, absolutely not," Camila insisted, but there was a part of me that just simply didn't believe her.

"Come here," she spoke softly, laying gentle kisses on my cheek and trailing them down my neck. "Let me make it up to you."

"Camila, I don't want to have sex," I stated firmly.

She immediately stopped when I said that, not wanting to push any boundaries. I was grateful that she understood I was serious.

"I'll make more time for you, baby," she told me. "You're important to me. I'm sorry I haven't acted like it."

I nodded at her words, but I knew I needed to see action before I believed anything she said. My patience was wearing thin and I was worried I wouldn't be able to take much more of this.

I turned to look at her and locked eyes with her for the first time since I walked in. The butterflies in my stomach erupted the same way they did the first time.

It was like no matter what she always had the same effect on me. Blame it on the soul mates theory, or the fact that I'm in love with her. It doesn't really matter why. All that matters is I wanted things to work out, and I was willing to give her a chance to prove she wanted this.