8

Your POV

"Oh, hey," Lauren greeted when I walked back into the room.

I almost didn't expect her to be there when I got back, but I'm glad she was because I was about to get her back. I rolled my eyes, pretending to be mad at her, and made me way to my side of the room.

"How'd it go?" She asked with a smirk, which dropped when she realized I wasn't going to answer her.

"What's wrong?" She asked, making her way over to me and sitting on my bed.

"Nothing," I spoke up. "Just trying to figure out why you thought it was such a great idea to corner Camila and I."

Lauren's face dropped and I almost laughed, but I managed to keep it together.

"Wait. Did it not go well? I'm so sorry," she began apologizing, which made me let out a giggle. "Why are you laughing?"

"It's funny seeing you panic," I laughed, watching her roll her eyes.

"I thought you were actually mad," Lauren said, smacking my arm gently as she made her way back to her own bed.

"Yea, that was the point," I told her with a smirk.

"Tell me how it actually went you asshole," my roommate said. "Where did you two even go?"

"We went get food at a little diner down the road. It went well, but I still want to know why you decided to set us up in the first place," I said with raised eyebrows.

"You really think I wasn't going to intervene after watching you two shamelessly flirt in the coffee shop yesterday?" She asked me, making me blush.

"Hey, that was all Camila. I thought she was cute but I wasn't going to sit there and flirt with her in front of all you guys," I said, holding my hands up in defense.

"But the date went well," Lauren said with a smirk.

"I guess it did," I shrugged. "I mean she kissed me out front so that has to count for something, right?"

Lauren's face lit up at my sentence before she clapped her hands together and cheered.

"She kissed you? I didn't think she had the guts," Lauren said, which made me laugh.

"I had to instigate a little bit, but eventually she did," I told her with a smile. "It's kind of weird though."

Lauren's eyebrows furrowed at my words.

"What do you mean it's weird?" She asked with a confused expression.

"Like, I'm never this interested in someone so quickly," I began to explain. "When I met her yesterday I immediately felt a connection and then tonight conversation flowed so easily. I don't usually let someone in so quickly either. That includes kissing on the first date."

"So, you think it's weird that you and Camila clicked so quickly?" She asked me.

"I guess? I don't know," I admitted. "I'm just not used to being so attracted to someone right off the bat."

Lauren nodded in understanding before she spoke.

"Does it scare you?" She asked me.

"Yea," I nodded. "I'm usually pretty good at being able to control my attraction to someone, but I met her yesterday and I already want to be with her all the time and get to know her."

"It's the Cabello effect," Lauren joked with a laugh, making me roll my eyes playfully.

"No, it's the I'm a dumbass effect," I said, running a hand through my hair.

"Don't worry about it too much, okay?" Lauren said when she finally stopped laughing. "Camila likes you too. Maybe this is a good thing."

"I hope so," I admitted honestly.