30

Your POV

Cam<3:
5 minutes

I smiled wide at the text message on my phone screen.

Camila was coming visit for a few days after we hadn't seen each other in almost a month. It was difficult for us to make time when we both moved back home for the summer, but she had taken a few days off so she could come see me.

I was really excited, but I was also pretty nervous. She was going to meet my sister and brother-in-law today, and that was big for me.

They were the closest thing I had to a mom and dad. I had only introduced like one person as my significant other to them.

Cam<3:
i'm here

I jumped out of bed and practically ran to the front door where I could see Camila walking up the driveway. I swung the door open and ran to give her a hug before she even made it to the door.

"Well, hi there," Camila giggled into my neck as she hugged me right. "I missed you too."

I released her a little to give myself enough room to place a kiss on her lips.

"Come on," I smiled, grabbing her hand to lead her into the house.

Camila's eyes wandered as we walked in. She observed her surroundings as I led her to my room where she placed down her bags.

"This is cute," she told me with a small laugh, pointing at a picture frame of me and a few friends from my high school days.

"Ew. Don't look at that," I said as I walked over and kissed her lips as a way to distract her.

She kissed me back, her hands falling to my waist and pulling me closer by my belt loops. I backed up abruptly when I heard footsteps.

Camila furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, not understanding why I stopped kissing her. I held up a finger before the door of my room opened and my sister walked in.

"You just weren't gonna introduce her to us?" Kennedy asked as she crossed her arms, feigning hurt.

"Damn. She just got here. I was just letting her put her things away," I said with a giggle as Cameron appeared behind her.

"This is Camila," I said motioning to her. "Camila, this is my sister Kennedy and her husband Cameron."

"It's nice to meet you," Kennedy told her with a smile before pulling her into a hug. "I'm cooking tonight if you guys want to eat here."

"I wanted to take her somewhere before dark, so we'll probably just pick something up," I explained.

"Alright, sounds good. We'll see you guys later," my sister smiled before her and Cameron walked out.

"So, where are we going?" Camila asked, pulling me back in by my waist.

"It's a surprise," I smiled, pecking her lips before walking away to put my shoes on.

~•~•~

"I should've known you'd take me to a beach," Camila giggled playfully as we laid out a towel to sit on.

"Not just any beach," I corrected with a smile. "My favorite beach. I used to come watch the sun set out here anytime I needed a minute to think."

"I love that," she smiled at me before putting her arm over my shoulder and pulling me closer. "Can I ask you a question?"

My eyebrows furrowed as I looked up to meet her eyes.