11

Your POV

"Did you ever come up with an answer to the essay question?" Lauren asked me from where she was sitting on the floor.

"Yea, here," I said, handing her the paper I had written it on. "Why are you on the floor?"

"If I sit in my bed I'll fall asleep," Lauren answered as she took the piece of paper from me.

"Then sit at your desk," I said, watching her look up at me.

"Oh, yea. I could have done that, huh," Lauren spoke as she looked over at her desk.

"Sometimes I wonder how you even got into this college," I spoke, making the girl laugh.

"Honestly, me too," she said. "Help me up."

I reached down from where I was sitting at my desk and Lauren grabbed my hand. She pulled herself up, holding onto my shoulder for stability when she popped up which made me flinch.

"Did I just hurt you?" Lauren asked quickly.

"No, that wasn't you," I said with furrowed eyebrows, confused as to why my shoulder was hurting.

I rolled up my sleeve and my eyes widened at the decent size bruise on my arm.

"What the fuck," Lauren said, reaching out and poking it.

I flinched again and smacked her hand.

"Don't poke it! It hurts," I said.

"What did you do," Lauren laughed, moving her things to her desk.

"I don't think I did anything," I said, trying to remember if I ran into anything or got hit recently.

"What do you have like an iron deficiency or something?" Lauren teased and I flicked her off.

"Shut up," I told her, rolling my sleeve back down. "You aren't funny."

"Judging by how often you laugh at my jokes I'd say that's a lie," Lauren said, pointing a pen at me.

"Whatever, Jauregui. Are you done copying my answer yet?" I asked her, referring to my essay question.

"No, you distracted me with your injury," she told me as she turned back to the piece of paper.

"You know for how little physical activity you do you sure do end up with a lot of random bruises," Lauren laughed. "You aren't even the clumsy type either. It makes no sense."

"You don't think I'm aware? I don't know how. This just started happening a few weeks ago," I explained as I turned back to my work.

"Maybe you should actually get checked out for an iron deficiency," Lauren said with a small giggle.

Both of us turned our attention to the door when there was a knock.

"Come in," Lauren answered.

"Hey," Camila greeted as she walked in.

"Hey, Mila," Lauren greeted back.

"I come bearing gifts," she told us, handing Lauren a coffee before walking my way.

Lauren thanked her gratefully before turning back to the papers in front of her.

"I thought you had class?" I asked Camila as she stood in front of me and leaned down to greet me with a kiss.

"We got out like thirty minutes early so I figured I would come say hi. I swung by the shop and picked up some drinks on my way," she explained as she handed me a cup of coffee.

"Thank you, baby," I told her as I took a sip, watching her smile out of the corner of my eye.

"What are you guys working on?" Camila asked as she took off her bag and sat on my bed.

"We're going over the exam study guide for tomorrow," I explained, watching as she shed her jacket.

My eyes widened when I saw something that looked familiar. On her arm was a bruise in the same place I had one.

"What?" Camila asked when she saw me staring.

She followed my eyes and let out a laugh, catching Lauren's attention.

"This?" She asked, pointing to the bruise on her arm.

I nodded hesitantly as she poked at her own arm.

"This is nothing. It's from Dinah. Remember when she punched me yesterday, Lauren?" Camila asked my roommate.

I turned my attention to Lauren and saw she had the same look I did.

"Yea, I remember," Lauren said with a little giggle. "I didn't think it would actually leave a bruise."

"Well, I told her it would. I bruise easily. You know that," Camila said with a laugh. "And it doesn't help that I'm the clumsy type."

She turned back to me and I forced a little smile her way. Camila laid back and pulled out her phone and I turned to look at Lauren.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her and she shook her head to indicate we'd talk about it later. I shook off the weird feeling I had in the pit of my stomach.

There's no way.

Right?