13

Your POV

"Okay, Shawn," I began as I untied my apron. "I'm going home."

"Don't leave me," he whined as I clocked out.

"I stayed through the rush," I told him with a laugh. "I was supposed to be off half an hour ago."

"Thank you for not abandoning me mid rush hour," he spoke, tossing me a granola bar.

I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows and he laughed.

"I'll buy it. I heard you say you were hungry earlier," he told me.

"Aweeee," I teased him. "You know if I wasn't gay I would probably date you."

Shawn rolled his eyes at my joke before slinging a towel over his shoulder.

"Go home."

"Happily," I said, waving to him as I exited the coffee shop and began my walk back to campus.

I ate the granola bar on my way back and admired the weather. It was beautiful today. Not too hot and a little windy.

When I arrived back to my dorm I could hear laughter before I even opened the door, smiling when I recognized the voices of Dinah and Normani.

"Hello, my favorite barista," Dinah spoke when I entered, prompting a dramatic gasp and slap on the arm from Normani

I laughed at the two girls as Dinah explained she was only kidding and tried to make up for it with a kiss, but Normani was being stubborn.

I turned to my bed as I put my bag down, laughing at the fact that Lauren was in my bed and Dinah and Normani were in Lauren's bed. The four of us had been spending a lot more time together lately, which made for an odd dynamic since Dinah and Normani were dating and Lauren and I were, well, it's complicated.

Ever since Lauren told me that she broke things off with Lucy things had been weird. Not necessarily a bad weird, but weird nonetheless.

"Hey," Lauren greeted with a smile as I made my way over to her. "How was work?"

"It was work," I answered with a small laugh. "I'm very tired."

"You should shower so we can nap," Lauren said with a face eating grin, making me smile.

"So we can nap?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "I can't nap without you?"

"How are you gonna nap without me if I'm in your bed?" Lauren challenged with a raised eyebrow of her own.

I felt Dinah and Normani's eyes on us as they stopped bickering and turned their attention to what we were talking about.

I just rolled my eyes and laughed before grabbing a change of clothes and my shower caddy.

"I'm going shower," I told my friends before walking off to the bathroom.

I heard conversation between the three of them restart as I turned on the water and undressed myself. The entire time I was in the shower all I could think about was Lauren.

This semester had gone by extremely fast, and a lot of that could be contributed to the fact that Lauren and I had grown so close. We were always together, you could rarely find one of us without the other.

We had grown to be great friends, although some might say it was more than that. Neither Lauren or I had taken anything farther than a friendship, but it was starting to get harder and harder for me to deny my feelings for the green eyed girl.

There were a few things holding me back, one of which was the fact that her childhood best friend was someone I thought was my soul mate not even a year ago.

However, the biggest reason I didn't want to take that step with Lauren was because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. Lauren was someone I had grown extremely close to and risking losing that wasn't an option to me.

Soon enough I finished up my shower, getting dressed and brushing my teeth before going back into my room where my three friends were all still laying down, but now the lights were off and they had a movie plying.

Lauren didn't say anything when I walked out, but I knew she was watching me as I walked around the room and put all my things away. I'd be lying if I said it didn't turn me on just to feel her eyes on me, and I might've milked it a little when I bent over to pick up my jacket off the floor.

When I did finally make eye contact with Lauren she did nothing except lift the covers with expecting eyes. I smiled and accepted her invitation, climbing into bed next to her and allowing her to spoon me. Dinah and Normani both had their eyes trained to the TV, too engrossed in the movie to pay attention to what we were doing under the covers.

My stomach exploded with butterflies when I felt Lauren's arm snake over my waist and rest on my bare skin underneath my t-shirt.

"Is this okay?" Lauren whispered in my ear, goosebumps standing on my entire body in seconds. "I'll take that as a yes."

I bit my lip. She was really getting to me.

"You should stay in Miami over the summer."

Where did that come from?

"What?" I asked, turning in Lauren's arms so we could be face to face.

Her hand stayed under my shirt, but now it was resting on the small of my back.

"Let's get an apartment together," she continued. "So you can stay here for the summer."

"Where is this coming from?" I asked incredulously.

"Normani and I were talking about it. Dinah is going to stay in the extra bedroom at Ally and Camila's over the summer. What if Mani, me, and you split rent three ways this summer too?"

This sounded like she's been thinking about it for a while.

"I don't know, Lauren," I said, biting my lip again when she gripped my side and pulled me farther into her body.

Our faces were only inches away from each other. I could almost feel her breath on my lips.

"Come on. Pleaseeee," she dragged out in a way that made my heart melt.

"I'll think about it," I told her, making her smile.

"I'll take that," she told me, her eyes flicking down to my lips.

God. I wanted to kiss her so bad, but instead I turned back around in her arms, pushing my backside into her.

She held me tightly against her body, pressing a light kiss to the back of my neck. The action sent a shiver down my spine.

How was I going to get myself out of this one?