3

Lauren's POV

I was walking back to my room when I heard someone yell my name. I turned around to be met with none other than Dinah Jane running towards me.

"What's up, Lauser," she greeted whenever she got to me.

I rolled my eyes with a laugh before answering her.

"Nothing. I just finished my last class of the day. I'm heading back to my room. Where are you going?"

"With you," Dinah answered, making me laugh.

"Don't you have another class today?" I asked the girl as we walked into my building.

"It got cancelled. My professor has food poisoning," she laughed. "So, we're going to do the work for Sociology."

"I already did it," I told the girl, making her face light up.

"Well, change of plans. I'll be copying your work."

I rolled my eyes as I unlocked the door of my room and we both walked in. Y/n was sitting at her desk doing work with headphones in and didn't notice we walked in.

Dinah smirked before she walked up behind the girl and slipped her arms around her shoulders to bring her into a hug.

Y/n jumped a little, but let out a loud laugh when she realized it was Dinah.

"Hello, my favorite resident of the room 140," Dinah teased as I placed my things down.

"Hey, Dinah," she greeted with a bright smile. "Hey, Lo."

I waved at my roommate before laying back on my bed.

"I missed you. Where have you been? Every time I come over to bug Lauren you aren't here," Dinah said as she placed her own things down.

"I've been swamped with work this past week," she explained as she put her airpods back in their case and turned her attention completely to the conversation.

"Well, we need to all get together again because it was a lot of fun last time," Dinah said, pointing a finger at her.

"I would love that. I haven't gotten a chance to see Normani and Ally much this past week either."

I sat back and listened to the conversation between my roommate and friend. I'm glad they liked Y/n because it made it a lot easier to hang out with everyone.

"Will the infamous Camila show this time?"

"She better or I will not hesitate to beat her ass," Dinah answered the girl, making her laugh.

"You know, I think Camila will really like you," Dinah said in a teasing tone. "Don't you think, Lauren?"

Y/n seemed confused at Dinah's words, which made me laugh.

I knew exactly why Dinah was saying that, and she wasn't wrong. Camila liked to think of herself as a flirt, but in reality pretty girls made her nervous, and Y/n was a very pretty girl.

"I think you're right," I told Dinah, laughing at the confused look on Y/n's face.

"What are you two talking about?" Y/n finally asked.

"Nothing," Dinah answered quickly. "Lauren, let me see the Sociology assignment."

I reached into my bag and handed the assignment in question to Dinah. Y/n was still sitting there with a confused expression. I winked at her when she made eye contact with me and she rolled her eyes playfully.

I watched as she closed the open notebooks on her desk and put them away, but kept her laptop open before searching something.

I stood up and walked behind the girl, leaning on her desk to see what she was doing.

"Job searching?" I asked, watching as she nodded.

"Yea, I want to make a little extra money. I'll probably regret it in a few weeks when I'm neck deep in school work, but I guess we'll find out."

I giggled at her words before hearing Dinah speak up.

"There's an opening at the coffee shop Normani works at. I heard her talking about it the other day."

"Really? You think Normani could put in a good word for me?" Y/n asked with hopeful eyes.

"Wouldn't hurt to ask. Text her," Dinah shrugged as she continued to copy my answers.

Y/n pulled out her phone and sent a quick text to Normani. Ten minutes, and a few exchanged messages, later Y/n had a big smile on her face.

"She said to go in tomorrow and fill out some papers and she'll let her boss know that she knows me personally," Y/n told me.

"How cute. You're gonna be a barista," I teased the girl.

"Keep playing with me and anytime you order I'll make sure your coffee is as bitter as you," she shot back.

"Ohhhhhhhh," Dinah encouraged with a loud laugh. "Lauren you can't come back from that. Tap out."

"I hate you," I told the girl.

"No you don't," she mocked me with the line I always say when she says she hates me.