9

Your POV

I paused at the door of my dorm room and listened for a bit. I could tell the girls were over from all the talking and laughing.

I opened the door and made my way inside, flashing a smile when all of them looked my way.

"Hey, babes," Lauren greeted from where she was sitting next to Dinah.

"Hey," I waved as I set my bag down and sat on my bed.

I took a glance at Camila, catching her eyes already on me and sending her a smile.

"How was class, girl?" Normani asked me, laughing when I rolled my eyes.

"Boring," I groaned. "I honestly don't know how I keep up when I barely pay attention. I catch myself zoning out like every ten minutes."

The girls all laughed at what I said. I smiled, running a hand through my hair as I laid back and listened to them begin their conversation again.

"You guys want to go grab a bite?" Normani asked.

Everyone perked up and seemed to be in agreement that going to get food was a good idea. I sat up and felt a sharp pain in my lower back.

That was the third time today I got that same shooting pain, and I had no idea why. I literally did nothing all day except make coffee and go to class. What excuse does my back have for being sore?

Lauren seemed to notice my wince, shooting me a look from across the room as everyone else started putting on their shoes. They were all too engaged in conversation about where we were going eat to pay attention to us.

"You okay?" Lauren asked me quietly.

"Yea, I'm fine. I think I might've slept weird last night. My lower back has just been sore all morning," I explained as I slipped my own shoes on.

"I can rub it out later if you need me to," Lauren offered.

I shot her a smirk and she rolled her eyes.

"I didn't mean it like that, pervert," She told me, making me laugh.

"I know," I said with a smile. "Actually, though. I'm fine."

The girls all started making their way out the room while I finished tying my shoes.

"You two coming?" I heard Dinah ask, making me realize everyone else had walked out but Camila was standing next to me waiting.

"We'll catch up," Camila told her.

Dinah sent us a smirk before nodding and walking out. When the door closed behind her Camila spoke again.

"Hey, pretty," she called me, standing in between my legs and pecking my lips gently.

I smiled at the gesture and reached out to hold her hand. I ignored all the thoughts in my head telling me to stop getting so comfortable so quickly. This wasn't something I'd usually do, especially not two days after meeting someone.

What the hell was wrong with me?

"Hi," I spoke up, resting my chin on the girls chest and looking up at her.

"You okay? You look a little tired," Camila said.

I closed my eyes as she brushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I am tired," I admitted. "I need a nap."

Camila giggled as she pulled my hands to get me to stand up in front of her.

"We still on for a movie later? If you're too tired that's completely fine," she began, making me shake my head.

"No, I'm fine. I still want to come over," I told her quickly.

I might've said that a little too quickly, actually. Camila raised an eyebrow at me with a smirk and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't get cocky," I warned her.

She giggled and pecked my lips gently.

"I didn't say you being too tired meant you weren't still coming over. I was just going to say that we could nap instead," Camila explained.

I felt my cheeks heating up and ducked my head. She put a finger under my chin so my eyes would meet hers again.

"You're cute when you're flustered," she giggled. "Let's go before they think we're fucking in here."

My eyes widened at her words but I had to brush it off as she turned and led me out the door, hand in hand.

When we got to the car the girls all turned to us.

"About time-" Dinah stopped when Camila flicked her off.

"Don't even start," Camila cut her off. "Where are we going?"

"We haven't figured that part out yet," Normani said as Lauren put the car in reverse.

"We took like an extra ten minutes in the room and you guys couldn't even pick a place to eat?" Camila asked as she mindlessly traced patterns into my palm.

"How were we supposed to pick a place to eat when we spent the whole time talking about how you two were probably in there-"

"Dinah!" Ally was the one who cut her off this time.

I just let out a giggle at the girls banter, not letting it bother me as I knew they were just joking around.

Camila looked over at me and sent me a small smile as she shook her head, making butterflies erupt in my stomach.

What was happening to me?