28

Your POV

I felt a wave of relief wash over me as I walked out of the classroom that I had just taken my last final in.

My freshman year of college was complete, and I couldn't be happier with how I had wrapped it up.

I had worked my ass off to finish the year with good grades and I was more than confident I had achieved that goal.

I walked back to my dorm, ready to lay down for a little bit now that the hard stuff was officially over.

As I approached my dorm room I heard two familiar voices that treated me so well over the past year. When I opened the door I was met with my roommate and girlfriend having a conversation, which made me smile.

"Hey, bebe," Camila greeted as I let the door shut behind me.

I waved hello to Lauren before pecking Camila's lips.

"How'd your last final go?" Lauren asked as she continued to fold clothes before packing them into her suitcase.

"It went well. I felt pretty confident walking out," I said with a smile as I laid back on my own bed. "You all packed up?"

Camila nodded at my question with a sad smile.

"Awwee," I said, poking my bottom lip out slightly. "Come here."

It was bittersweet to be done with finals, because now we were all packing to go our separate ways for the summer.

"We won't be that far from each other. We'll still be able to visit each other pretty often," I told her as I pulled her into a hug.

Lauren laughed a little at Camila's dramatics.

"I'm going to have a job though, so it'll be hard to find the time to go see you," she whined.

"We'll be just fine," I reassured. "It's only like a three hour drive. Some couples have it way worse than that."

"I know," she nodded. "We'll be fine."

I raised my eyebrow at her shift in energy, but didn't question it. She was convincing herself that we would be okay, so I was going to let her do that.

"You should probably finish packing soon," Camila said with a giggle, looking around at the half filled boxes on my side of the room.

"I know, but I don't want to," I admitted.

"I'll help you do it later," Lauren spoke up. "I'm almost finished packing anyways."

"Hey, you don't plan on ditching me right?" I asked the green eyed girl across the room.

Lauren looked at me with furrowed eyebrows before realizing what I was talking about.

"Now, why would I do that?" She questioned with a laugh. "I got lucky as hell getting you as a roommate the first time around. I am not going to test fate again."

I laughed before sitting up on my bed.

"I'm just making sure because I really didn't want to go through the roommate match up process again and I wasn't sure what your plans were."

"We should request a nicer building next year," Lauren added, to which I nodded my head in agreement.

"What's your plan for housing next year?" I turned to ask my girlfriend.

"Ally mentioned needing a roommate for an off campus apartment. I might take her up on the offer," she shrugged. "I'm not completely sure yet. I'll need to run it by my parents."

I nodded in understanding. I was in full support of her and Ally getting an apartment if that's what she wanted to do. I think they'd compliment each other well since Ally is such a mom and Camila needs to be told what to do most of the time.

"I can't believe how fast this year flew by," Lauren spoke as she taped up her final box and sat down.

"I know," I agreed. "It makes me kinda sad."

"Hey," she said, regaining my attention. "Next year we'll be sophomores."

I giggled at how excited she seemed to be about that.

"Yea, any other super obvious things you want to point out?" Camila shot at Lauren, earning a middle finger in return.

I laughed at the two friends banter before my phone started ringing, gaining everyone's attention.

I saw it was Dinah, rolling my eyes and putting her on speaker so everyone could hear.

"Hello?" I answered.

"SOS. I need help packing, please," Dinah said frantically from the other end of the line.

"Dinah, I'm not even finished packing yet," I told the girl with a laugh.

"Well, make your two cuban hoes help you and then all three of you come help me, because I know they're finished packing," Dinah spoke with a hint of sass.

"Alright," I laughed. "We'll be over there eventually."

Dinah went to speak again but didn't get a word out before I hung up on her.

"Alright, can you guys help me pack so we can go keep Normani from killing her?"

The two girls just laughed before we all stood up to pack up my things.