16

Your POV

"I think this is the last bag," I said as I dropped the back pack at my feet and looked around at my wreck of a room.

I let out a sigh at the thought of cleaning it all up. Thankfully, Lauren and Normani had moved in earlier in the week so they were able to help me today.

"So, you guys are gonna help me unpack too, right?" I asked, even though I didn't actually expect them to help me.

I knew they had other, and probably more important, things to do.

"I actually have to run home and help my mom cook. I promised her," Lauren spoke. "I'll help you later when I get back."

I smiled at the girl and nodded understandingly.

"Have fun with your family," I told her.

Lauren came over to me and pulled me into a hug before waving to Normani and walking out. I didn't mean to seem as surprised as I was at her actions.

"So, you'll help me?" I asked Normani when we were the only two left in my room.

Normani narrowed her eyes at me and I knew exactly where this was about to go. It was only a matter of time before they started asking questions.

"If you tell me what's going on between you and Lauren," Normani bargained. "Are you two fucking?"

My mouth dropped open at the girl's sentence.

I wish.

"What? No!" I exclaimed. "What are you talking about?"

Normani gave me an unamused look. She clearly wasn't buying what I was selling.

"I swear on my life we haven't fucked."

"Okay, but that doesn't answer my first question," Normani laughed.

She knew she had me. I knew she had me. I didn't even know the answer to the question.

"I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, running a hand through my hair in slight frustration. "I do not know."

"Oh my god," she said, a smile growing on her lips. "You like her."

My eyes widened.

"No."

"You totally like her. I don't blame you, honestly," Normani shrugged with a laugh. "Lauren's a catch."

I let out a sigh, dropping to the floor and laying down in defeat since my bed wasn't put together.

"Oh, and you call me dramatic," Normani said, laying down on the floor next to me. "It's okay if you like her."

"No, it's not," I told the girl. "I was dating her childhood best friend like four months ago. I was literally convinced Camila was it for me. I thought she was my soul mate."

Normani seemed to think about what I said for a bit, an apologetic look falling across her face.

"I understand what you're saying, but it's not your fault that Camila couldn't be a good partner."

I ducked my head at her sentence. She was right.

"Are you over her, though?" Normani asked, regaining my attention.

"I cried so much at the end of our relationship that it's not possible for me to cry over her anymore," I rolled my eyes.

I think a part of me will always feel connected to Camila, but I couldn't bring myself to be sad over her anymore. I did miss her though, a lot. Maybe getting to know someone else wasn't a bad idea, but it couldn't be Lauren.

"Then fuck what everybody else thinks," Normani shrugged, standing up and extending a hand to me.

I accepted her offer and allowed her to help me to my feet.

"I just don't think Lauren and I are in the cards as a couple," I shrugged, running a hand through my hair.

"Would you stop it if she was to pursue something with you?" Normani asked with raised eyebrows.

I didn't answer for a second, and that was all the confirmation she needed.

"Yea, that's what I thought."

"Whatever," I flipped her off. "I'm going to unpack all these boxes. Are you going to help me?"

"If you say please," she smirked, laughing when I couldn't hold back a smile.

"Please help me unpack my room my dearest, sweetest friend," I said dramatically, making Normani light up with a smile.

"Well, how can I say no when you put it like that?"