3

Your POV

"So, you're an art major now?" Shawn asked as I flipped the open sign to closed and locked the front door of the coffee shop.

"I am," I smiled. "I'm almost as cool as you."

Shawn laughed at my joke. He was a music major, which seemed to put us on very similar paths considering we had a class together this semester.

"Have you done your sketches for class tomorrow?" He asked as he wiped down the tables.

I nodded my head. I wasn't super confident in them, but they were finished.

"Have you?"

"Not yet," Shawn stated. "I don't know what to draw. What did you draw?"

I blushed a little at the question. I don't know why I felt embarrassed to tell him.

"Camila," I spoke quietly, but I knew he heard me when I saw him smirk.

"So whipped."

I flipped him off even though he spoke no lies.

"Shut up."

"Hey, it's sweet," he told me as he threw the towel he was using over his shoulder and began putting the chairs on top of the tables. "I wish I had someone to be my muse."

"We'll find you someone," I winked at him with a giggle.

It was nice getting closer to Shawn. I considered him to be one of my closest friends and found myself confiding in him more and more. It started over the summer when he was heartbroken over a fling and came to me for advice. Ever since then Shawn and I have grown so much closer.

He was like a big brother to me.

I snapped my head up when he threw the dirty towel in my direction and it hit me in the back.

Yea, he really was like a big brother to me.

"Ew. Shawn," I said, picking up the towel and throwing it back at him. "You just wiped the tables with that."

He dodged my throw just as Normani walked up behind him. The towel hit her in the face and my mouth dropped.

"Ewwww," she whined, pulling it off her face and throwing it at Shawn.

I couldn't help but giggle a little as I watched her lecture Shawn even though I was the one who threw the towel.

It didn't take long for the three of us to close the shop and walk back to campus. Shawn made sure both of us made it safely to our respective buildings before hugging us goodnight and walking to his own.

He really was such a sweet guy. If I wasn't gay I actually might consider dating him.

When I finally made it to my dorm I furrowed my eyebrows when I heard giggling inside. I didn't know Lauren was having company tonight.

I unlocked the door, making sure to take my time in case I was interrupting anything I didn't necessarily want to see.

"Hey, Lo," I spoke, taking note of the other girl who was sitting on the opposite side of her bed. "Oh, hi."

"Hey, Y/n. This is Lucy," Lauren introduced the girl who waved in my direction.

I placed my things down, feeling a little awkward in my work uniform. The girl slowly stood up to gather her things, saying a few words to Lauren before hugging her goodbye and leaving.

"She didn't have to go," I spoke when the girl was gone, even though I was kind of relieved she was.

"She was planning on heading out anyways," Lauren waved me off. "How was work?"

"It was good," I asserted, taking note of Lauren's swollen lips. "How do you know Lucy?"

Lauren definitely knew where I was going with this. She straightened up a little as she answered. She is so easy to read.

"Camila actually introduced us to each other last semester. We flirted on and off last year and we have a class together this semester," she told me honestly. "She came over to study."

"Study what? Anatomy?" I joked, laughing when Lauren rolled her eyes.

"Shut up," she giggled, laying back on her bed. "It's nothing, honestly. We would never have anything serious."

"How do you know that?" I asked, watching as Lauren hesitated to answer the question.

"She's just not my type," she shrugged with a soft smile.

I nodded in response, not wanting to force the girl to talk to me about anything. Lauren knew I would listen whenever she wanted me to, but tonight she seemed like she was okay.

"I'm gonna go shower."

Lauren nodded in response before pulling out her phone. I gathered my things and headed to the shower.