15

Your POV

"So, let me get this straight," Normani started.

We had called over the rest of the girls after convincing Camila because we needed a lot more brain power if we were going to figure this one out.

"Every time one of them gets a cut or a bruise... the other one gets it in the same exact spot."

"Yes," Lauren confirmed.

I felt Camila sigh into my neck. I was sitting in between her legs, her arms wrapped around me tightly.

She made me feel safe.

We were sitting on my bed listening while the other girls sat around the room talking about what was going on with us.

"So, what happens if one of them breaks a bone?" Dinah asked, making my eyes widen.

"Let's not think about that," Ally chimed in.

"This is fucking crazy," Normani shook her head. "Like, what does this even mean?"

Camila must have felt me tense up because she kissed my temple and started rubbing circles on the backs of my hands.

"It means they're soulmates," Dinah teased with a giggle.

Her smile dropped when no one else laughed.

"I was kidding," Dinah clarified.

"But it makes sense..." Lauren trailed off. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I know it sounds wild, but they both said it themselves that they're attracted to each other in ways they've never felt before."

I watched as Ally didn't say a word, opening my laptop. She turned towards me whenever the password popped up.

"Password. Capital P," I told her, making all the girls giggle.

I turned my head slightly when the girl who was holding me giggled.

"What are you laughing at?" I asked her.

"Nothing. You're cute," she told me, shaking her head with a smile.

"You know, sometimes you two make me want to throw up," Dinah said, catching both Camila and I's attention.

"You make me want to throw up and you don't even have to do anything," Camila snapped back.

"Oh, so you want to play," Dinah said with a laugh. "Y/n can't protect you from the ass beating I'm about to give you."

I felt Camila's grip tighten around me, making sure I didn't move so she could use me as a human shield.

"Camila, I swear to god," I spoke, trying to wiggle out of her grip. "You pissed her off. You get to deal with it."

"Dinah, don't you dare," Camila warned. "If you hurt me Y/n's gonna feel it too."

My eyes widened when I realized she was right.

"Fine," Dinah gave up. "You're safe this time, but only because Y/n didn't do anything to deserve it."

"I found something," Ally spoke, causing me to remember she had been doing research on this the whole time Camila and Dinah were fighting.

I got out of Camila's grip and walked over to where Ally was, peaking to see what she had found.

"What is this?" I asked, confused when all I saw was a thread of people talking about something.

"A reddit thread called soulmates. It's about similar situations. Apparently, incidents like this have been reported on multiple occasions but never properly investigated," she explained.

"So, we aren't the first people this has happened to?" Camila asked from my bed.

"Nope," Ally shook her head. "There was a case in Charlotte, North Carolina, some small town in Texas, Portland, Oregon..."

I started tuning out everything they were saying as my mind started racing. I thought learning more about what was happening would calm my nerves a little, but now they were worse.

I felt an anxiety attack coming on and knew I had to get out of the room.

I turned and slipped my shoes on quickly before grabbing my key card to get back in the building.

"Where are you going?" Lauren asked, grabbing my hand.

"I just need some air," I said with a forced smile. "I'll be back in a minute."

She released my hand and everyone else nodded in acknowledgement, except Camila. She looked concerned as I exited the room.

I made my way outside quickly, walking a little ways away from the dorm to sit on a bench. I shivered a little when the wind blew, cursing myself for not grabbing a jacket before I left.

I took deep breaths, attempting to ground myself to prevent the oncoming anxiety attack. My brain was going a million miles an hour as I sat there with my head in my hands.

Why was this happening?

"A lot on your mind?" I heard a voice speak, making me look up quickly to see Camila approaching.

"Something like that," I giggled.

She stood in front of me, one arm outstretched to hand me my jacket. My heart swelled at the gesture.

"Thank you," I said gratefully, taking the jacket and slipping it on.

"You okay?" She asked as she sat next to me. "That's probably a stupid question, but sometimes it's nice to be able to talk about it."

"I don't know," I shrugged with a humorless laugh. "I honestly have no idea what's going on anymore and maybe that's what has me so scared."

"I get that," she answered as she wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"How are you so calm?" I asked her, actually baffled at the fact that she wasn't freaking out like I was.

"Oh, I'm not," she laughed. "I'm freaked out too. I just hide it a little better."

I looked up at the girl and she leaned in to kiss my lips gently.

"I know it's scary, but at least you aren't alone," she whispered when we pulled away. "You have me and all the girls right next to you."

I nodded and leaned my head on her shoulder.

"How about we go back inside and look into this a little more?" Camila asked, to which I nodded.

I wasn't alone.