Chapter 14

Schools ended and I text Oliver to meet me outside the school gates.

A few minutes later Oliver shows up.

"What took you so long? My feet hurt!" I whine over dramatically.

Oliver holds his hands up in defence " I'm sorry, I had to go to my locker and get my sketchbook, I've got a few more jokes to tell you...." he said raising his brows.

"Fine, come on" I said grabbing his forearm and pulling him along.

After a while of walking and talking, I found out some things about Oliver. He didn't really like talking about himself but he answered a couple of the questions I threw at him.

I found out that he was raised by his father because his mother died giving birth to him, he's a only child and his dad goes away a lot for business. He is also a Disney freak! Collects all the movies but tells no one. I've been sworn to secrecy.

That's literally all I know.

We get to the arcade. After about 2 hours we run out of money.

We played air hockey three times. I won every time. Apart from the time Oliver 'had something in his eye' and deemed it a draw.

We also played on the claw machine and that's where I lost most of my money.

I know, stupid right? I always tell myself to stay away from them but there was this adorable blue fuzzy teddy bear that I just had to try to get but after failing over and over I eventually gave up. Oliver tried to get it too but he was only trying to get it to spite me.

After playing on many other machines, we gathered our tickets that we had won from some games and went to the counter to trade them in. Unsurprisingly, all we got with them was sweets, sweets and more sweets.

I got a small goodie bag with some of my tickets to give to Lou, it contained a bag of jelly beans, a lollipop, stickers, a colouring book with a pack of six pens and a small wind-up toy car.

Honestly, I was contemplating taking the stickers. Don't judge me. Everybody loves stickers and theses ones were the bomb. They were those scented ones that smelt of different fruit. Amazing!

I'll definitely have to beg Lou for one.

We left the arcade and sat on the beach for a while.

"So...jokes?" Oliver said in an excited voice.

"Go on then" I rolled my eyes as Oliver gets his book out.

He starts to giggle as he looks through them "ok, first one. What's yellow and can't swim?"

I look at him with one eyebrow raised, this time I think of an answer "Pudsey bear" I said and immediately start laughing at my own answer.

Oliver looks at me unimpressed "what?"

"Oh my god that wasn't the answer was it?! He's yellow-" I start but Oliver butts in.

"No, it's not" he said chuckling, thank god I thought that pissed him off, I'm happy he finds it funny too "I'll start again, what's yellow and can't swim?" He said smiling.

"I don't know, what's yellow and can't swim?"

"A school bus full of children" he said laughing and I soon followed. After we stop laughing as he gets ready to say another one. "What's red and bad for your teeth?" He asked and I shrugged "a brick."

We laughed. "No, no, no. This is a good one" he said eagerly "okay, so. I was digging in my garden when I found a chest full of gold coins. I was about to run into my home to tell my wife about it. But then I remembered why I was digging in our garden."