Chapter 38

Casey's Pov

It's been 9 more days.

9.

No one's found me yet.

I still have hope but it's dying fast.

He won't even tell me when the flight is so I can't prepare. He did however tell me that before we leave, we'd need to tidy because the house will be abandoned for a while when we are gone.

That made me happy because it means he plans on coming back, so if I can't get away and the police don't find me, we will come back and then I can get away. I have plans from A, all the way to Z. I need to keep positive.

It was good he let me out of the basement that day because later that night I woke him up to go to the bathroom and found that I had gotten my period.

God that was awkward.

He tries to make it look like it doesn't bother him but I could see it did, but it wasn't about it specifically, it was almost like I ruined something, like he had something planned. He unlocked the cupboard for me and left out all that stuff for me to use and whenever.

He then went and got me water and painkillers. Only good thing was that I knew he wouldn't touch me because of it.

But that was 9 days ago and my period ended 3 days ago... he still touched me, hugged me, kissed me and I still had to sit on his lap but he didn't go beyond a kiss on the lips.

Yesterday his hands did wander but no more than they did down in the basement that day. Still horrible, I still have to suppress the need to vomit at his touch but as long as it's not exceeding that.

What really annoys me is when he repeatedly walks into the bathroom when I'm showering. I don't take baths because they take too long but even in the shower, he still comes in.

He's doing it to test me, see my reaction and as hard as it is, I have to ignore him and keep going as I was before. Whether it was when I was doing my hair or washing my body.

My wrists are still killing me. He took the splints off the other day to see how they were doing and to put different ones on. I closed my eyes so I didn't see and when he told me not to look, I knew they were still bad.

I took a peak and they were worse than before. I couldn't stop the tears from escaping my eyes and I began to sob relentlessly. He quickly changed the splints and held me close for about an hour before I fell asleep.

But even though moving them kills, I still do. I don't like him doing things for me, I don't like this 'good guy' act because I know it's not real and I definitely don't want him washing me.

Right now, I'm enjoying the sun on my face and the slight warmth it brings even though it's cold outside.

That's right. He let me come outside today. He caught me looking out the window again for the 100th time and told me I could go pick some flowers if I wanted.

He warned me not to run and I'm not that stupid. No, not when he's here. Not when he's making sure to stay next to or near me as I wonder about. It's too risky, I'm not an idiot.

So far, I've picked 2 bunches of daffodils and one of bluebells.

I stand up from picking another flower and feel him behind me. His arms wrap around my waist.

"Babydoll, you're freezing."

"I'm fine, I'm not even cold" I insist because I know he wants me to go inside.

"You're shivering." He leans close to my ear "I know a few ways I could warm you up" His hands start moving up until they cup my breasts. I squeezed my eyes shut.