Chapter 32

Damian Kyle's Pov

"Now, just because it's the last week of the term does not mean you can laze about and not do your work. So... Get on with it" I said to my class as I rubbed my temples trying to relive my headache.

This is the first time I've left her alone in the house and I'm going mad with worry thinking she'll escape.

I've not been back to see her since Saturday night when I put her down there, it's now Monday evening.

I didn't want to leave but I have to make appearances to make it seem as if all is well.

I expect the police will turn up soon much to my dismay. From when my little love hit me in her little tantrum, she's given me a black eye. I've done my best to cover it but I'm no beautician.

6 and a half more hours with the little bastards and I can leave.

———

The bell goes for lunch and they storm out. I turn away from the door and bang my head on the desk, it's no fun here without her

A loud knock comes from the door.

"Come In."

In comes the two familiar police officers from before. Great.

"Hello, sorry to disturb you..Mr Kyle, right?" The female officer said.

"Yes, officer Parker, right? Do come in, sit down" I told her completely ignoring the man, I can't, for the love of me remember his name.

"What do I owe the pleasure? Anything on Mr turner?"

The woman looks to her partner. "No, nothing yet. This is not about him."

"Oh. Well then, what's going on?"

"Another student has been reported missing" I made a beautifully shocked face "a, Casey Nickels, age 16, was last seen in the school just like Oliver was. Her mother reported her missing after she revived a phone call from her younger brothers school saying no one had come to pick him up and later that evening Casey never returned home."

"Oh my, that's horrible. What could have happened to them?" I smile on the inside.

"That's what we want to know" she muttered "now, we are aware that she also had Science with you, correct?"

"Yes, she is a good student, always listens, gets very good grades."

"Right. Well, same questions really. Did you notice any differences in her behaviour of late?"

"No, none at all."

"Interesting" the man to her left said writing in his pad, I had honestly forgotten he was here, he hadn't spoken till now.

"What about her grades?"

"Uh" I look up on my computer her current grades even though I already knew them, it would be suspicious if I knew of off by heart, especially since I have over 100 students to teach. "A slight slip from A to B but not much."

"I see" she looks down at her pad before speaking up again not really making eye contact with me "a student said she didn't leave at the bell and was kept behind by you, is that true?"

Shit...

"Uh, yes."

"Could you tell me why you kept her behind?"

Shit.

Fuck.

"Yes, I seen she wasn't doing her work and wasn't listening in class so I kept her behind and told her to do the work at home as homework."