Chapter 45

Officer Rose Parker's Pov

"Come on already! Get up!" I push James one more time.

I didn't get any sleep. I couldn't. Knowing we were so close but because of our own stupidity again she's probably suffering.

How the hell could we miss one?

"Rose, what the hell? It's not even day-break, what are you waking me so early? What's the time?"

"The drives 4 hours I long and It will be best if we get there before the sun comes up if it's, it. So, come on!"

"Time."

"4 am..."

"Rose!"

"Come on, you're awake now. Just get up."

"Did you even sleep?"

"Yes..."

"You're a bad liar Rose. But you're right" James grumbles and grabs his coat. "You're driving" I nod at him.

We made it in 2 and a half ours.

I may have sped a little...

Should I give myself a ticket?

"So, where's this gate?" We drive down an overgrown driveway slowly, you can see it's been recently used as the long grass has been flattened.

"There!" I point at the neon yellow sign that's blindly reflecting the light from our car.

"Shit, this is it."

Metal gate, neon yellow sign with the number 6 on it.

"What could the 6 mean?" James wonders out loud.

"How many miles to the house maybe?" I shrug.

It's 6:30 am, the sun will rise at 7. The stations 2 hours away, we need back up. Now.

"Radio it in." I nod at James.

Armed officers and backup are on their way. A helicopter is scheduled to take flight to map out the area and give us eyes from above.

"What are we meant to do now?" I ask James.

"Sweep the area and look for entry points but we can't do anything till everyone gets here."

"I'm going to pick the lock on that gate" I get out the car and proceed to pick the lock easily and quickly.

"You know, I never asked how you know how to do that. I don't think I want to know either, I'd hate to arrest my partner."

"We all have our secrets" I laugh.

Less than 2 hours later and everyone's arrived early. The sun's up and the helicopters on its way.

We drive through the gate and up the clearing to make our way to the home when we start to hear the helicopter coming.

"Shit! They're early! We need to get a move on" James tells me and I speed up the car.

I just hope he doesn't hear it before we can get there.

Casey's Pov

I smile widely at the sight.

It's yellow and black.

It's the police.

They found me.

A freaking helicopter!

Damian's grip on my biceps gets tighter as he holds me to him closer and forces me to move into the forest.