Chapter 48

I'm chewing my nails that are now non-existent from the nervous biting I've been doing. I watch the clock hands move by the second. My heart seemed to match each tick of the seconds hand as it becomes all I can hear.

"Munchkin, we can do this, it's okay" Oliver whispers to me, breaking me out of my trance. The way that he said it seemed like he was trying to convince himself more than me.

Funny, the nickname I once hated and wanted to punch him for, is actually the one thing I love to hear. It always brings a sense of ease to my panicked state.

"Hun, the option still stands. You can go into the other room, watch it all on a screen, you don't have to even see him in person, you don't have to be in the room" Officer Andrews reminds me, I shake my head.

I've told them before, I have to do this, I need to confront him, be strong, show I'm not weak. I have to be in that room when they announce his crimes and sentence him. I have to do this for me.

That right. It's been about 2 months since. So, today's the sentencing, his sentencing.

He pleaded guilty, to our surprise. He pleaded guilty for 2 accounts of kidnapping, 1 attempted murder, sexual advances and stalking onto a minor, bodily assault, sexual assault and...8...rape charges.

He pleaded guilty to accept a plea deal. He got beat up in prison a month ago by other inmates. Apparently, they don't approve of paedophiles. With the deal he gets to go into protective custody for an unknown amount of his sentencing to 'protect' him.

I don't care, as long as he's gone. As long as he's put away.

For the past 2 months, everyday I've felt myself getting a little better. When I was discharged from hospital Becks forced me to go shopping, said I 'needed a new look'. She had to help me get changed because of my casted up wrists, I know she saw the scars, I heard her gasp but she said nothing. She didn't look at me any different, of which I'm thankful for. I don't need any more pity.

The boys have been a godsend too. I love them all to bits. They've been helping with literally everything, I swear, if they keep going as they have, they are all going to turn into girls.

None of them have asked what happened, I kinda want to tell them but, I don't know how to put it, I don't know if I can say it without crying. But they are here now with me and Oliver at court, here for our support, so I guess they'll find out soon enough.

My counselling sessions have been reduced to biweekly, they were three times a week. I'm still taking a strong form of antipsychotics that contain antidepressants but I've not had any hallucinations since taking them. Even if the light goes out, I still freak out but I don't see anything.

It still scares me though.

I'm all healed up. The casts came off a few days ago, the pins they put into my left wrist are gone too. I still have supportive sleeves on because they ache a little, something about muscle reduction because of the lack of use. I'm going to physical therapy to strengthen them up, I can barely hold a fork.

His mark... it's closed. Scarred. Makeup won't cover it. Same with the slashes, I have 6 on my back. 3 of them on the small of my back. I want to cover them with something but I don't know what or how.

Officer Parker walks into the waiting room. "They're ready."

Me and Oliver stand up, mum, Becks and the boys are already seated in the room. We walk in.

As we walk through the door voices seem to hush. I look up to see the audience rows full up of members of the public, press and officers I guess were close to the case, including Officer Parker and Officer Andrews.