Chapter 20

So work was work and now I'm walking home. It's Monday again and a week since my 16th birthday. I've been ignoring Mr Kyle the whole time.

Anytime he approaches me I bolt or hide. In class, I hide behind Oliver when walking out. I don't know how he doesn't see me but it's working.

He's messaged me a couple of times and I've just ignored it. I know he can see that I haven't even read the messages, I just can't be bothered with his shit anymore.

As I slowly walk home i realise that Lou is alone with some stranger, today is when 'Peter' starts looking after Lou when me and mum are still at work and I completely forgot. I sprint the rest of the way.

Oh god. I'm the worst big sister there is! Alone with a stranger. Complete stranger. What if he's eaten all the food in the house? Trashed the place? What is he's got mates over?! Mum never told me how old this 'Peter' is.

I get to the door and open it. "Lucas! I'm home!" I shout and hear little feet bounding down the stairs. Lou runs into my arms. I do a visual scan for any marks. Not seeing any I calm down "so, how's the babysitter?" I whisper into his ear.

"He's nice" he says jumping up and down. He grabs my hand "come on" he squeals dragging me upstairs to his room.

"Why were you upstairs Lou?" I ask a little suspicious because normally you'd stay downstairs when babysitting.

"I went to get some Lego to play with but the box was too heavy for me" I nod to him. As we get to the upstairs hallway he lets go and runs into his room "my sister's home now" he says as I get to his door when an eerie voice calls out.

"Oh, I'd just love to meet her."

My heart starts to race. I know that voice. I look into Lous room slowly and cautiously.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Mr Kyle.

I stare at him as he grins and puts his index finger to his lip telling me not to say anything.

Lou is still looking at me "Come say 'hi' Cas" he grabs my hand and we walk over to him. I feel very protective of Lou at that moment and pick him up and put him on my hip.

"Hello my dear, my names Peter, and you are?" He holds his hand out for me to shake but I don't return the gesture.

"Casey" my voice shows my anger as I grit my teeth together "Lou, can you go down stairs and pick a movie for us to watch?" Lou nods his head eagerly as I put him down and he runs out the room.

I turn from watching Lou to see Mr Kyle stepping forward "don't you fucking dare" I sternly say. He stops and tilts his head "why the hell are you here? You have a job. You don't need money."

"I just wanted to see you out of school. Is that so bad?"

"Yes it is, when you're my damn teacher!" I raised my voice "you're stalking me. Don't you get to see me enough already?" I argue, it's not, not true. "You're quitting this job" he starts laughing.

"Oh sweetheart, you don't tell me what to do."

"Don't you have anything better to do other than harass me?" I hiss.

"Nope" he said popping the 'p' and I glared at him.

"Psycho" I spit under my breath. He starts to take a step forward "No. Don't you dare touch me. I don't like you touching me" I say the second part slightly quieter as my fear starts to show in the situation.

"You're right. You don't like it, you love it" he chuckles. He gives me an innocent look "Your little brother is very sweet."

"Don't fucking touch him. Don't ever go near him" I growl protectively for Lucas.