Chapter 33

Damian Kyle's Pov

Home sweet home.

Grabbing two buckets and filling them with lukewarm water and taking the stool from the bathroom, I make my way down to Casey.

As I open the door the pungent smell of the basement hits me. I make my way down to her.

She's no longer standing, her head is low and her legs bent, she can't stand right now.

She's weak.

Walking up to her, I take in her appearance. Her hair is greasy, her face is stained with tears, her body is pale and her ribs are sticking out a little.

Her wrists are black from bruises and I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be broken.

I look over her body. She's been sick. She's taking short shallow breaths. She's soiled herself.

It was to be expected, she had been down here for three days but it's still horrible to see her in this state.

She's not even awake right now.

I turn away to get supply's, I would leave her just like that for longer but I know she's not eaten for 7 days now, she's too weak, she was too weak to begin with, she won't last much longer if I leave her like that.

She needs clothing, food and water then...I'll leave her again.

I grab a long-sleeved top I bought for her and some cheap sweatpants because I know they'll just be ruined by then next time I see her. I also get her some proper underwear, not a thong. She doesn't need a bra right now so I don't grab one.

She's not going to be happy that I'm going to change her but she doesn't have a choice.

I do her some rice pudding. I was going to do soup but I don't think she'd like that after last time. She needs something soft and filling so I went with rice pudding, it's sweet too, I'll make sure to get her to say 'thank you'.

I return to the basement. I throw the water onto her lifeless body and she wakes. She looks up at me startled.

"Don't look at me like that. It's warm isn't it? I'm not being mean. I'm trying to help."

"H-hel-p?" Her voice is rough and weak.

"Yes, I'm helping. I care for you and I don't want you to get sick."

"Y-you...came back?"

She thought I was going to leave her here.

That's good, she's happy to see me, relieved. Good feelings, positive towards me. Perfect.

"Of course, I came back. I would never just leave you here" I spoke softly.

I need to change the way she's thinking. Mess with her mind and emotions. Manipulate her thoughts and feelings.

Change her memory's and the way she sees things. I'll get into her head and twist things in my favour. She'll love me.

She won't leave until she does.

"You had an accident" I point out, her face fills with shame as she looks down. "I thought you were stronger than that" I need to make her feel bad, disguising and pathetic.

"I, I couldn't help i-t. I'm sorry" she whispers, now I need to make her feel better.

She needs to think I'm the only one who would love her. Make her feel bad then make her feel better, that way she'll associate me with positive thoughts, the way that I care for her, that only I could, would and will care for her.