16. stage two

tw: mature themes and language

After the feast, all of the students made their way back to their dormitories, including Selene Rowle and Narcissa Black, who were linked arm in arm.

The two girls were ecstatic to be back with each other, Narcissa was at the ball, but Lucius  had a tight grip on her the whole time

"I won't allow you to embarrass us like that filthy girl, defending a blood traitor, it's disgusting" Lucius spat while Narcissa's aunt was disarmed by Selene.

"I can't believe he was acting like that," Selene ranted as the girls walked into the dorm,

"He's my husband" she reasoned

"He's a git, and you're a Black for god sakes, stand up for yourself" she pleaded

"I'm a Malfoy"

"A Malfoy-Black" Selene correct her

"We are getting side tracked, we were talking about you're apparent relationship with my cousin?" she smirked

"Me and Regulus are done, his mom made that clear"

"Please there was never anything to start with"

"What?"

"I'm not thick, if he was your secret lover man it wouldn't need to be a secret, you two would've been perfect for each other"

"Me and Regulus are best friends Cissa and stop referring to him as a secret lover man"

The girls changed into pajamas and sat on their beds,

"Why can't you tell me who it is, I'm not asking who, but why?" she asked

"Remember Thor's girlfriend in fifth year, the one who, you know..."

"I do" her voice was calm

"This is like that, my parents made it clear they would kill me and him if it hurt their reputation with the dark lord and I would rather have a secret relationship than get him killed, and so would he"

"I understand" she repeated "Promise to tell me one day? Even if it's in 10 years when we are both married and have kids and none of this matters?"

"I promise" and she meant it.

Selene had Defense Against the Dark Arts with the Ravenclaws first thing in the morning, then Charms and now Transfiguration with the Gryffindors. She still hadn't had any alone time with Remus since they arrived back, and it was killing her, and him, he had Charms, Herbology and Transfiguration all of which he had to take notes for the rest of the marauders who were definitely not taking notes.

It was three days until the full moon, and the cycle was starting to pick up into high gear.

The worst was the stages of the week before the full moon, he was either:

-uncomfortable and quiet (stage one),
-horny and impatient (stage two),
-irritable and dramatic (stage three),
-aching and hurting (stage four), or
-hungry, extremely hungry (stage five.)

Right now he was experiencing stage two and it was killing him not to be able to be with Selene.

The slytherin girl was fully aware of this, she knew the stages, and she saw the way he was looking her up and down. She assumed he was in stage two and felt bad that they hadn't been able to get a moment alone, hopefully they could sneak away during their patrol together.