97. double trouble

a/n: there isn't a liquor shop in Hogsmeade but lets pretend there is

march 18, 1978

It had been 8 days since Remus' actual birthday and 9 days until James' Birthday so Sirius, Selene, Lily, and Peter decided it would be the perfect time to throw them a joint birthday party, on account of Sirius not being able to take many more hangovers, they decided to combine two parties into one. 

Luckily for the party planners today was a Hogsmeade day, giving them an opportunity to acquire the necessary materials for the party. 

Lily and Peter were in charge of food and Sirius and Selene were in charge of alcohol, much to everyones disapproval. 

So while Remus and James sat in the Three Broomsticks, Lily and Peter set off for Honeydukes and the market while Sirius and Selene headed off to the liquor store. 

"Oh I am so ready to spend the entirety of the Black fortune on fine fine whiskey" Sirius plotted mischievously 

"Hear hear" Selene chorussed walking into the store. 

"So what are we thinking" Sirius ran his hand along the glass bottles as he walked down the aisles. "Firewhiskey? Knotgrass Mead? Butterbeer? Or shall we ponder something more..." Sirius grinned "Muggle" he smirked grabbing two handles of vodka. 

"The muggles do make some nice alcohol" Selene grinned grabbing some tequila and firewhiskey. They ended up getting three bottles of firewhiskey, two bottles of vodka, two bottles of tequila, a couple cases of butterbeer, and a bottle of rum. 

They met back up with the rest of crew at the Three Broomsticks with their alarming amount of alcohol where they found James and Lily cuddled up in a booth in the back with Remus and Peter as well. There were bags of food and sweets around the table, proving a successful trip from both pairs. 

"Merlins Balls" Peter's mouth dropped at the sight of the two teenagers lugging in their body weight's worth of alcohol. 

"Oh fuck" Remus shook his head

"Brilliant" James nodded 

"I see you two had fun on your errands" Lily crossed her arms disapprovingly 

"Oh no worries my flowerpot, we have more in the dorms" Sirius winked 

"Oi" James smacked his arm. Selene snuggled in the booth against Remus who put his arm around her, pulling her in

"Hi love" he cooed, kissing her forehead "How was your shopping"

"Wonderful" she giggled "Tonight's gonna be a great time" 

"Yeah if any of us can remember it" Peter scoffed playfully

"Yeah what happened to never drinking again?" Remus eyed Sirius

"You wound me" he feigned hurt placing his hand over his heart 

————————————

Later that night, after painfully long attempts of dragging the alcohol back to Hogwarts and past Professor McGonagall up to the Gryffindor Common Room, they finally began setting up for the party which started just after dinner that night. 

The Head Boy and Girl rules still stood, so Selene and the others started filing all the fifth years and under back to their dorms, and once they were left with the age appropriate crowd, Sirius wasted no time blasting his party playlist, commencing the festivities. 

The night started out light. A few shots were taken, butterbeers were passed around and everyone sang and danced through the night. 

And then the cake came out. Selene, Sirius and Lily sung an obnoxiously loud chorus of 'Happy Birthday' poorly harmonizing with Peter and Marlene, and at the end Selene planted a firm kiss on Remus' lips while Sirius and Lily fought to do the same to James, who gladly kissed both of them.