67. diagon alley pt. 2

august 28, 1977

"Please be safe" Remus hugged her goodbye, right after Sirius did. 

"I will Rem I promise" she whispered, 

"I love you" he whispered 

"I love you too" she pressed a long kiss to his lips 

"Say hi to my Mum and Dad for me" James hugged her as well. 

"I will" she nodded. 

She said goodbye to the rest of the lot before stepping into the fireplace and taking some of the floo powder, 

"Potter Manor" she spoke clearly before being engulfed in a flash of green flames.

——————————

She stumbled out of the fireplace into the Potter's living room, in the mid afternoon, brushing soot off her shoulders and out of her hair. 

"Selene darling" Euphemia called out embracing the girl tightly, "How are you?" she asked grabbing the sides of her face

"I'm good Mia" she laughed 

"Good to see you again kid" Fleamont hugged her as well

"Good to see you too, thank you for this"

"Of course, we were happy to help."

"So per your instructions I have a vial of polyjuice potion, and a hair of a random person" Fleamont held up both items, "Would you like them now?"

"No actually, I need to get into my vault at Gringotts, but after that I'll disguise myself to get the books"

"Perfect, then we better get going." Fleamont told Selene. The two of them bid Euphemia goodbye before apparating to Gringotts. 

Selene only took a moment to be star stuck by the tall marble building before rushing inside, constantly checking over her shoulder to make sure she saw no familiar faces. 

She approached the goblin at the head desk, 

"I'd like to withdraw gold from my vault" she said firmly

"Name?" the goblin asked looking at the paper he was writing on 

"Selene Rowle" the goblin stopped writing and looked up at her, scanning her from top to bottom, 

"Yes Miss. Rowle, do you have the key for your vault?"

"Yes actually I do" Selene said challengingly. The goblin looked at her through narrowed eyes as she withdrew her vault key and placed it on the desk. 

"Very well then" the goblin smirked "Follow me" he led Selene and Fleamont to a cart that wound through the underground maze of the bank, before stopping at one of the vaults identical to the rest.

She handed the goblin the key, which it used to open the vault. Inside the vault was mountains of gold from floor to ceilings towering amongst the jewels and ancient artifacts also present in the vault. 

"It's obnoxious I know" Selene scoffed as she saw Fleamont's expression. Even for someone as rich as him, this was a sight to see. 

She started to shovel gold into the charmed backpack, not knowing the last time she'd have access to this vault. Technically as soon as she was of age, the vault could not be touched by her parents, but even then they would find ways to. 

Selene was practically nauseated at the amount of wealth she was surrounded by at that moment. Her family had done nothing to earn this money, not a lick of work. She vowed to one day give every last sickle to the people who actually needed and deserved it.