48. first encounter

june 9, 1977

Remus doubled over in laughter as he splashed James in the face, who was also laughing. The two boys were interrupted by Sirius' urgent tone, 

"Shit! Guys look!" He yelled, pointing on shore where two dark cloaked figures stood behind Selene and Peter, walking towards them. Remus and James eyes went wide before all three boys sprinted through the water back to shore. 

"SELENE RUN!" Remus yelled, but the girl couldn't hear him 

"BEHIND YOU" James yelled

"PETER BEHIND YOU" Sirius yelled. The boys continued yelling warnings as they waded up the shore, but it was too late. 

One of the death eaters grabbed Selene, covering her mouth and dragging her backwards, away from Peter. The boys finally hit sand and started full out sprinting. 

Peter, finally realizing what was happening, frantically grabbed his wand from next to him and shot a stunning spell at the death eater that grabbed Selene. 

He missed, but Selene fought hard against his grip, kicking her legs in the sand.

"Careful they need her alive!" The other death eater yelled to the one restraining Selene. The three boys arrived as Peter stunned the death eater holding Selene, sending him flying backwards. 

The other death eater started firing spells at Peter who blocked them, while a panicked Selene searched for her wand, which she found lying in the sand next to her. 

She and Peter both fired spells at the remaining death eater, who blocked them with ease, no matter how many spells were flying his way. 

The other death eater that was previously knocked out appeared again with his wand pointed at Selene, but before he could do anything, Remus appeared next to Selene, firing hexes and curses at him. Merlin knows how he got his wand.

The masked figure shot spells back at Remus who didn't lighten his aggression, firing curses wordlessly.

James and Sirius ran over behind their friends who were dueling the two dark wizards, in a panic to find their wands, when the larger of the death eaters grabbed James from behind pressing his wand into James' throat.

"Everyone stop!" the gruff voice behind the mask yelled. The four kids turned in horror to where James was. "Turn yourself over or I kill him and every one of your boyfriends" he pressed the wand deeper into James' neck.

"Don't Selene" The bespectacled boy choked out

"Shut it" the death eater growled. While Selene was focused on James, the second death eater grabbed Peter and held his wand to this throat

"Turn yourself over or they both die" the second one spoke

"Alright, alright" she yelled

"No Selene" Peter started 

"Let them go first" she spoke firmly, not a drop of the fear she was feeling 

"Nice try" the death eater spat "We aren't falling for that

"I will give myself up, but only if you let them go. First."

"Fine. One for one. We give you the small one, you give yourself up. Then you get glasses over there"

"Fine"

"Selene" Remus spoke softly. She said nothing, she only gave him a long knowing look. She tucked her wand in her waistband and put her hands up in surrender.