54. repairs

june 25, 1977

Euphemia and Fleamont Potter were sitting eating dinner together when the sound of apparation could be heard out their front door. 

Fleamont grabbed his wand and Euphemia retreated to the kitchen to grab hers as well. Fleamont approached the window cautiously and drew back the curtain.

At the sight of the unconscious girl in Remus' arms, and his own son slumped over Sirius Black, he swung the door open without hesitation. 

"Merlin's bear" he muttered, "Quickly inside, inside" he ushered them in. One they were all inside he checked to make sure no one had saw them before shutting and locking the door. 

"What happened?" Euphemia asked wide eyed as she saw the mess of bloody teenagers. She only took a moment of silent panic before jumping to action. "Get James on the couch, get Selene on the table" she choked. 

Fleamont quickly moved all the plates and vases off the wooden dining room table, as Sirius dragged James over to the couch and pushed him off his shoulder. James slumped groggily, with his bloody arm over the side of the couch.

Remus gently laid Selene on the long table. Her wedding dress was stained red with her blood. She was pale and her eyes fluttered open and shut but there was nothing awake about her at the moment.

"Take..." she mumbled

"What's she saying?" Peter looked around

"Take care of James first, I'm fine" she mumbled 

"You and your fucking fine" Remus laughed gripping her hand tightly, using the other to stroke her hair.

"Fleamont use this, hold pressure on the wound, make sure her leg is elevated." Euphemia ordered her husband, before rushing over to the couch to tend to James. 

Selene's vision rolled between Remus smiling down on her, and darkness. She could hear panicked cries and voices but they felt like they were miles away. 

Her thigh felt like it was getting more painful by the second. She unfortunately pulled the knife out at an angle, prolonging the cut down her leg. 

James' father propped two pillows under Selene's legs while he held a cloth down tightly against her wound, through the white fabric of her dress. Next to her was a pile of bloody rags that Fleamont had discarded due to the fact Selene's cut was still violently bleeding.

Euphemia tended to her son quickly but carefully, leaving him laying on the couch with his arm wrapped in thick bandages. His blood was already seeping through the bandage but she needed to tend to the other child bleeding all over her house. 

She rushed to the side of the table where Fleamont was placing another cloth in the pile and pressing a fresh one to her wound.

"Thank you, I'll take it from here" she took the cloth from her husband and set it down on the table, "I'll need to see her wound directly" she cautioned at the boys. 

What she was really trying to say was that she had to lift up Selene's dress. Remus gave Sirius and Peter a sharp glare. The two boys nodded and headed over to James at the couch, directing their eyes away from Euphemia lifting Selene's dress and bunching it at her waist.

"Sirius can you hold pressure on James' wound, make sure it doesn't keep bleeding through?"

"Yeah" Sirius nodded

The cut was about 3 inches long, halfway down the side of her right thigh, and bleeding profusely. She held tight pressure against the wound until it stopped bleeding as much

"Remus?" Euphemia whispered

"What is it?"

"Is she awake?"

"I- I don't think so, she might be" he asked examining her relaxed face

"Well hold her hand tightly, this is going to sting" The witch slowly poured a disinfectant over the open wound. 

Selene's grip on Remus' hand tightened and her face tensed, her eyes still shut. 

"It's okay, it's okay" he stroked her hair, holding back tears. 

"You did so good sweetheart, I'm just going to wrap this and you should be good to sleep tonight."

The witch wrapped a bandage around Selene's wound  and pulled her stained dress back down to her ankles. 

"Does she have clothes here?" Euphemia asked

"Yes, we have her trunk" Remus nodded

"Okay, you can take her up to your room and get her changed into something more comfortable, and let her sleep, she needs her rest"

"Okay, thank you Mia. Really."

"Of course darling. I'm going to go change James' wound bandage, you make sure she stays decent" Remus nodded as Euphemia headed over to the couch where James was stirring awake.

"Is she okay? Selene?" James groaned

"She's okay mate, and so are you" Sirius assured him, 

"Yes my boy, you're both okay" the mother assured her son as she unwrapped his bloody bandage. 

"Wicked" he smiled, his voice still sounding a little tired, "Will it leave a scar?" he asked examining his cut

"Would you like it to leave a scar so you can show Lily?" she smirked

"Yes I would." He said frankly

Remus carried Selene bridal style into the room he frequently stayed at and laid her down on the soft bed.

He pulled the bloody dress over her head and discarded it on the floor. He dropped the backpack on the floor and began to fish out clothes for her. 

Even though he had her trunk, he still grabbed her his own oversized sweatshirt and her own pajama shorts. 

She groaned from behind him, starting to regain awareness, 

"Really Lupin, you know this would be frowned upon for a lot of reasons" she joked looking down at just her bra and underwear, 

"Not funny, you know I would never do anything like that." he narrowed his eyes at her as he pulled her shorts on, taking extra care to be gentle around her wound

"Yes Remus, you're a perfect gentleman" she assured him cupping his jaw 

"Yes, well how are you feeling darling?" he asked slipping the sweatshirt over her head

"Been better" she shrugged

"You've been through a lot this week, you deserve to rest"

"It's just" she started "I just... James got hurt because of me. I knew it could happen since the start..." her voice started to crack, "but seeing him like that... made it so real..."

"I know it's hard to see, but you have to understand, we all signed up for this"

"Yeah" she whispered. Remus climbed into bed with her and she rested her head on his chest. Selene's body was so busy trying to heal itself the whole night, she had no energy left for anything else. 

She immediately fell into a deep sleep while Remus played with her hair. He fell the same soon after, leaving the two to be discovered by the rest of the Potter Manor. 

"Aren't they just the cutest" Sirius awed in the doorway next to James and Peter

"We'll let them sleep, it's been a long day" Euphemia whispered shutting off the light and closing the door. 

"Goodnight boys" 

"Goodnight Mia."

1.2k words

if I made a marauders era enemies to lovers book after this would you read it? (this book is NOT over i'm just curious)

^^if I did make one would you want it to be remus or another marauders era character? let me know please --->

vote and comment!