34. easter

april 4, 1977

It had been three days since Selene was sent home on the Hogwarts Express for Easter break, and she was already missing Hogwarts. She had nothing against Easter, and she was certainly happy to be off from school for two weeks, but being at the Rowle Mansion was no vacation. Especially during Easter, 

The Nott's were coming over.

And staying for three days. 

It was a sunny day up on the cliffs, with a cool breeze cutting through the spring air. Clouds danced through the blue sky as the echoing sound of crashing waves rose from below. 

Selene was sitting in the gardens with a notebook in her lap. She was trying to take her mind off of everything by drawing, but all she could do was sit there tapping her quill against the page in worry. 

Her mother called her inside early in the afternoon which was exactly when the Nott family was due to arrive, which could only mean one thing. 

As Selene stepped inside, the green flames of the fireplace roared and a man stepped out to join his wife and son. And there in her living room stood the three people she dreaded to see more than anyone else. 

Cantankerus Nott, Angelica Nott, and Theodore fucking Nott.  

Selene took a deep breath, time to act like a stuck up pureblood girl who was in love with Theodore Nott.

"Welcome Mr. and Mrs. Nott" she shook both their hands, "Welcome Theo" she got up on her toes and kissed him quickly

"Hi Selene" he grinned

"Angelica. Cantankerus. It's wonderful to see you." Vivian Rowle came strutting in from behind her daughter, kissing each of the Nott's on the cheek. 

"And you as well Vivian" Angelica said sweetly. 

"Selene why don't you show Theodore around while the adults talk" Delston Rowle emerged "And have the house elves get our guests bags"

"Of course father, where should I tell them to put the bags?"

"Put Theodore in your room and his parents in the east wing" 

The Rowle's were most definitely not facing a shortage of rooms. Selene could probably provide hospitality for the entirety of the Slytherin house. So there was no reason Theodore needed to be in her room other than her father's pettiness.

"Okay" she hesitated slightly. 

Her parents, and Theodore's headed off towards what Selene guessed to be her father's study. She summoned their house elf Pinky who appeared in a snap.

"Miss Rowle, how can I help?" the small elf said eagerly

"Hi Pinky can you take those bags to the east wing bedroom and that one to my room?"

"Of course Miss, anything for Miss"

"Thank you" Selene nodded and Pinky and the bags snapped away

"You thank your house elves?" Theodore scoffed. Selene rolled her eyes at his crudeness

"Yes I do."

——————————

Selene and Theodore sat with their parents at dinner all eating an exquisite meal prepared by the house elves.

Selene was picking at her food, intensely inspecting the detailing on the expensive china in front of her, trying to avoid Theodore's piercing gaze.