Ch 35: We can't do that to him can we?

I've turned into the exact kind of author that I fucking despised 8 years ago when I first started writing fanfiction. The kind that just never updates and the writing deteriorates and that's just....*sigh*. It's disheartening, and it makes me feel like such a failure. My 2016 self would be so upset. I write for fun and I suppose I haven't let myself have much time for it. But now that I'm in my final year of my senior semester I'm trying to get back into it! Here's another chapter guys, bear with me I'm trying to get back into the groove, college just has me super tired and drained.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Sakura's face hardened. "I'll do what I can." Even though she did her best to stay strong inside she just wanted to break down. She prayed to Jashin for the strength to save Gaara. She didn't think tsunade's methods would help him, but perhaps her newly acquired abilities could. Permitting Jashin would accept that there had been enough sacrifice this day.

"Shukaku! You keep him alive you damned sand racoon!"Naruto kneeled by gaara's side tears in his eyes, he gripped Gaara's shoulders. "Do you hear me!? You help Sakura save him! YOu HeLP!" Naruto's voice cracked fingers extending into kyuubi claws. "You hang on Gaara! You fight! fight with everything you have cause i'm here, ya know!"

"Naruto." Shikamaru put his hand on the blonde's shoulder. "We should go look for any supplies that might help." The Nara turned his head to face the bowl cut haired spandex boy. "Lee..."

"I would like to stay." Lee denied. "Please take Temari. She does not need to see her brother like this. It was bad enough she witnessed Kankuro's passing."

"Passing is a nice way of putting it." Temari frowned as Choji rubbed her back comfortingly. Truthfully him and tenten had been slaughtered. "Are you sure?"

"I will not leave his side." Lee denied sitting down on the ground. Gaara's head placed gently in his lap. Lee's bandaged hands gently stroked through his disheveled red hair. "Whatever happens I will be with him to the end. He needs to feel loved now more than ever. I wasted time never telling him how I truly felt. I won't make that mistake again."

"We'll be back." Sasuke promised, turning away leaving Sakura and Lee alone with Gaara. He wrapped an arm across Naruto's shoulders as they headed out. Naruto leaned his head against him. There was no hiding that all of them were upset with Gaara's current condition.

"Lee'll help Sakura take care of him, Naruto." Sasuke murmured. "It's going to be okay."

"I'm confident in Sakura but I think she needs more help. Gaara deserves all our resources." Shikamaru spoke up.

"Maybe we can find him some snacks to eat. I'm starting to run low on mine. Everyone getting hurt has me stress eating really bad."

"You're welcome to search any homes for food and supplies. The people who lived there won't be needing any of it anymore."

"Forget the food for now. We should find a puppet to shove Sasori into. He helped Sasuke when he was hurt."  Naruto said. "If you think she could use help...he's our best bet."

"Hn." Sasuke agreed.

"Temari, did Kankuro have any puppets that were spared?" Shikamaru asked holding her hand as they walked through her villages ruins.

"No. They were all burned up. Perhaps there will be some in my grandmothers tower. She taught kankuro everything to know about puppets."

"It's as good a place to start as any. Lead the way." Shikamaru told her. The boys all followed her to lady chiyo's puppet workshop. The place like everywhere else in Suna had been decimated in the attacks.

"I-I'm sorry, I can't go in." Temari paused outside tears in her eyes. "It's too painful for me."

"It's okay." Shikamaru murmured. He rested a hand on her shoulder and hugged her gently.

"Naruto and Sasuke can go searching. Choji and I will stay out here. We can go searching around for food."

"Alright. Temari nodded in agreement.

"You two good with splitting up?" Shikamaru looked between the two.

"We have each other." Sasuke replied. "We'll be fine. Once we find a body for Sasori we'll get his heart and get him to Sakura. Whatever happens with Gaara we'll bring him to wherever we're going to set up camp."

"See you then." Shikamaru nodded, walking off with Choji and Temari to scour for food.

Naruto and Sasuke went inside the crumbling tower. Puppet pieces were everywhere. The whole place looked like Kurama had run through it. Finding anything in these ruins was going to be a nightmare. If they were lucky they'd be able to frankenstein him a body.

"You take the left and I take the right?" Naruto proposed, though there didn't seem to be much difference between the two options.

"Hn." Sasuke agreed, walking to the left of the workshop. He started digging through the rubble. Naruto did the same on his side. They searched though burned and charred puppets. Sasuke set aside pieces that weren't damaged on a table. Maybe they could construct one. Naruto finally found a viable one after a while.

"Yes! I found one!" Naruto held up the puppet in glee. "Ha! Look at this!"

"You've got to be kidding." Sasuke frowned at Naruto who excitedly held up a red haired female puppet with stunning green eyes. The puppet also had on a set of Lacey lingerie. "You idiot! We can't put him in that."

"Why not?" Naruto frowned as he looked at the puppet. "It's in tact, and all the other ones are missing pieces!"

"That's a sex puppet Naruto!"

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

More chapters to come peoples! Expect one coming in the next week! By next Sunday at the latest! If you still care about this story, I still do too! I know I haven't shown it much with my lack of updates, but I haven't given myself time to breath and write with all my school work. But I'm starting too now again because this seems like it's going to be an easier semester for me. Show me you care about this story still by answering a question or two! And if not and you prefer to be silent, that's okay. I still appreciate you reading this fic.

1. Thoughts on Gaara and Lee being an item?

2. Should Sasori get shoved into the sex puppet or should they make a Frankenstein puppet out of spare puppet parts? Cast your vote!

3. What characters should get more fic time?

4. Should team 7 be an item at all? Just two? Which ones? Cast your votes!

5. Are you glad I finally updated again? 😅

6. Who would you like to see get recruited into the akatsuki next?

7. Anything else you'd like to ask, rant, or tell me?