Ch 4: echoes of the past

Tobi walked into the kitchen and placed the dango in front of Itachi who was at the moment scolding his brother for attempting to eat his food while it was still scaulding.

"But fireballs don't burn my throat!" Sasuke protested with a glare.

"Must we go through this explanation yet again little brother" Itachi asked as he picked up a dango stick and ate one of the three balls of sweetness.

"Evidently yes considering your eating that cavity on a stick" Sasuke said.

"All sweet things aren't going to give you cavities" Itachi replied poking Sasuke in the forehead.

Tobi smiled underneath his mask. They were acting just like he remembered them to. Spying on his own clan had some privleges.

He walked past Pain and Naruto who looked to be seeing who could eat the most ramen. He chuckled slightly. Must be an uzumaki thing. How he wished he could get in on that ramen.

"Isn't ramen the best thing ever!" Naruto explained.

"I can think of a few other things that are better but i do admit that it is very delicious" Pain said.

Tobi fumed. How dare he! Ramen was the greatest thing in the world! "Are you kidding? Ramen is the greatest food in the world! I'm with ya squirt! Tobi is a good boy!" Tobi exclaimed as he leaned over pains shoulder and stole the new bowl of ramen he was about to start.

"See this guy has good taste. Loving the mask color!" Naruto grinned.

"Orange is the greatest color ever!" Tobi exclaimed before continuing on with his walk.

"Aren't you going to have anything Kakashi sensei?" Sakura asked as she ate her plate of dumplings.

"No i'm good...." Kakashi said as he stared at Tobi as he walked by with a narrowed eye. Tobi. This akatsuki member got under his skin. Their was just something about him. Something so obvious. Kakashi froze as something vital occured to him and all the pieces fell suddenly in place. The eye hole even if he couldn't see into the mask at the eye underneath was on the opposite side that he had his own hiate slant on. The mask was orange. He had called him bakashi earlier. He knew he hadn't misheard. He acts like a child. But what really gave him away was the ramen. Only one person had ever liked ramen as much as Naruto. Who wasn't blonde or female that is. Their was no mistaking it. Tobi was obito. And he was going to prove it.

Tobi walked out of the common area and to his own room eating his ramen by making his mask go intangible. Finally he finished and kamui'd the bowl to the kitchen sink because he really didn't want to go all the way back to the kitchen. Mainly because that's where Kakashi was. Where his Kakashi was. He was still as blind as ever. He walked into his room and shut the door. He gasped and had no time to react as his wrists were suddenly grabbed and he was pinned to the wall. He gasped as he came mask to mask with Kakashi.

"Obito." Kakashi said his one eyed stare looking into tobi's mask. Sure enough through the depths of the darkness he saw a sharingan identical to his own.

"I have no idea what your talking about! My name is Tobi! Let go of me!" He demanded wriggling his wrists in an attempt to get out of his hold.

"Stop lying Obito" Kakashi said a bit hurt that he wouldn't tell him the truth.

"My name is Tobi! Now get off me!" Tobi hissed.

"No. Because your not Tobi! Obi...To. Stop scrambling the letters in your name deadlast. It makes you sound like even more of a loser" Kakashi said not letting go of obito no matter how much he struggled. He wouldn't-no he physically couldn't let him go. Not a second time.

"I'm not a loser you prodigous ass!" He hissed as he fazed through Kakashi and swept his legs out from under him. He pinned him to the floor with his foot firmly on his chest.

"If your not obito how would you know about my prodigy status?" Kakashi countered. 'So that's how he must've survived the rocks!' Kakashi thought to himself.

"Shut up!" Tobi hissed.

"Oh whats the matter dead last? You gonna cry are you? You little cry baby!" Kakashi teased. Teasing him again was so much fun. Hmm he really was acting like Sasuke right now.

"Kakashi i said shut up!" Tobi hissed as he stepped on his chest.

"When have i listened to you?" Kakashi growled.

"You don't know me!" Tobi hissed getting off of him gripping his head.
Memories swirled and his head was beginning to kill him. Tears gathered in his eyes. He was a monster now. Oh god what had he done! His sensei....Kushina.....Rin...oh Kami....his entire clan...what had he done!

"Obito? Are you okay?" Kakashi asked his voice quieting with concern.

He gritted his teeth. There was no point in denying it anymore. Kakashi figured it out. Damn prodigy. "I don't deserve to be called that anymore" he whispered as he sat on his bed. His hand twitched to fix his goggles but he stopped himself knowing that sadly they were no longer there.

"Obito...what are you talking about?" Kakashi asked confused.

"Madara was alive he trained me. He died told me to carry on his work then reanimate him. I killed my clan helped Itachi do it. He doesn't know i'm me. Thinks i'm the real madara. Also so does pain and konan. Everyone else thinks i'm tobi. Well only you know the truth. I'm good. I'm okay. And Kakashi it's good to see you again" Obito said finally taking off his mask.

Kakashi's eyes rolled back and he fainted.

"Bakashi why do you always pass out and the most inopportune times? Your such a jerk. Now i have to wait for you to wake up. Ooh but i do now how i can get some payback. I'll be right back bakashi. Don't move!" He chuckled facing through his wall to deidari's snatching the orange paint he had hidden behind some explosive clay and went back in his room to dye Kakashi's hair.

"Prepare for payback jerk" Obito said with a smirk as he got to work. He missed this alright. Maybe it would get alot more fun around here since Kakashi, his last baby cousin, his sensei's son/nine tails container, and a pink haired medic were here.

"TOOOOBBBIII! I KNOW YOU WERE IN HERE!!" Deidara screamed banging on the wall.

"Too late dei dei!! I'm already back in mine! So ha!" He called back going into his tobi voice.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Yay! Fourth chapter! Okay guys tell me what you think in the comments! I love you guys!