Ch 30: Search n' Rescue

"Pakkun! I need you to track Naruto and Sasuke." Kakashi ordered his ninja hound from where he stood in the opening into the collapsed hideout that Choji and Sakura had just made. The Hatake having just summoned the small dog. He figured pakkun would be the best, he might be small enough to fit into small crevices if the boys were buried or something.

"Sensei, I can't sense either of their chakra's." Sakura frowned as she searched for her teammates chakra. There was no trace of them.

"That's probably for the best. It's a drag, but masking their chakra's is probably the safest option. Whoever set off that explosion could mean trouble. The akatsuki probably isn't too short on enemies."

"We aren't either. For all we know it could be the leaf's doing." Choji added munching on some chips to get his strength back up.

"In any case it doesn't matter who is the cause. Our priority is finding Sasuke and Naruto. We can worry about who to point kunai's at later. This structure could come down any second."

"We should split-" Shikamaru started to suggest but Kakashi shook his head.

"No, either we stay together or you three wait outside." Kakashi denied.

"Kakashi Sensei..." Sakura whispered shocked at the elder man's fierce tone.

"I'm not losing anymore genin understand? Asuma may not be here right now but I am and what I say is absolute got that, Shikamaru?"

"We stay to together then." Shikamaru agreed with a nod.

"Let's go!" Kakashi ordered as they followed after Pakkun. Shikamaru staying just slightly ahead of everyone else.

-with Itachi-

"Huh, well that's one brat down." Kisame commented lowering his sword as Naruto burst through the wall with a raesengan looking frantic. The young blonde coughing as rock dust swirled around him, but the sight of Naruto did nothing to quell Itachi's worry. If anything it only amplified it further.

"Where's Sasuke?" Itachi demanded his heart sinking. He would have thought Naruto and Sasuke would be together. They fell at the same place didn't they? So, why weren't they together?

Naruto pointed in the direction he had just come from. "He's in trouble." The blonde rasped before he passed out from exhaustion. the events of today finally becoming too much for him.

"Itachi, Damnit wait!" Pain ordered but the leader was ignored as Itachi went sprinting through the opening Naruto had just made.

"Deidara, you're with me. Konan, Kisame get him out of here." Pain ordered pointing to Naruto.

"Where are you two going?" Konan asked in worry as she gathered Naruto up in her arms.

"To make sure the Uchiha doesn't do something reckless and get himself killed."

"Maybe I should go instead of Deidara." Kisame suggested not liking the idea of Deidara tagging along. The blonde had a serious grudge against both brothers.

"No, He has more knowledge about the collapse than anyone. Go with Konan, Kisame, I'll make sure Itachi returns in one piece." Pain ordered before he and Deidara went racing after Itachi. The two catching up to him only when he stopped running.

"That's a lot of rubble, un." Deidara observed the three men setting their sights on Sasuke. The boys entire form was shaking, his susanoo on the verge of collapse as it supported a staggering amount of rubble, a pool of blood slowly seeping our around him from a cut on his leg, the kunai still embedded in his upper thigh. Naruto's shadow clones appeared to have been poofed away for a while now. Upon hearing Deidara's comment Sasuke looked in there direction his eyes settling on his brother.