Ch 28: In the Shadows

Sasuke and Naruto coughed as dust swirled around them. Sasuke's susanoo fading away as the two broke through the wall. The enclosure they had been in had crumbled behind them and all the snakes had been crushed as a result.

"You good?" Naruto asked as his shadow clones poofed away. The two now at a darkened tunnel path.

"Hn" Sasuke replied as he got out of Naruto's arms.

"Hey, What are you doing? You shouldn't be on that leg teme." Naruto frowned going to lift him up again.

"Fuck off, Naruto. You're not carrying me anywhere. If we get ambushed then you wouldn't be able to make a hand sign and we'd both be done for."Sasuke glared swatting his hand away.

"We're in a secret underground collapsed cavern and you think we're going to run into trouble down here?" Naruto laughed.

"I just have a feeling...besides Deidara's probably has it out for us, Dobe" Sasuke said defensively.

"You think the explosion was him?" Naruto asked eye brows raised.

"You think it wasn't?" Sasuke countered raising a brow.

"I think you're just a paranoid, Uchiha."

"Whatever. With what we've been through I have a right to be paranoid. Now cmon. Let's go. I doubt anybody's looking for us. Staying in one spot is going to get us killed. We have to keep moving." Sasuke told him grabbing Naruto's wrist pulling him along as he walked.

Naruto sighed, but agreed that there was no point in staying there. They did have to find a way out of here.

-meanwhile outside the hideout-

"No, forget it, Kakashi!" Obito snapped at him enraged.

"Obito, please they could be hurt in there." Kakashi pleaded calmly.

"No, no I can't go through that again. I...I lied to you Kakashi..." Obito frowned.

"What?" Kakashi asked confused.

Obito sighed. "I didn't get my mangekyou until I saw you kill Rin. I was under those rocks for so long. I had hoped that you or -or sensei would come back for me, but you never did and I just...I just" Obito struggled getting choked up as he mentioned Rin and Minato.

"That's Sensei's kid in there Obito and your cousin that you helped orphan. They've been in the darkness long enough. Don't leave them there to suffer scared and alone." Kakashi pleaded. Obito turned away from Kakashi tears in his eyes.

"Please, Lord Jashin. Deliver my teammates alive to me. We offer this sacrifice to you as tribute" Sakura prayed as Hidan raised his scythe his form changing and he killed a drunken traveler that had picked an unfortunate path to follow that day.

"Very good, Sakura" Hidan praised with a nod.

"Do you think that was enough? Maybe we should find some more sacrifices for Jashin!" Sakura suggested beyond worried about her boys.

"Jashin has heard our prayer little pink one. All we can do now is wait for him to answer it." Hidan told her licking the guy's blood off of his scythe.

"That's load of shit." Kakazu scoffed.

"Shut up! Jashin will save my teammates! I know he will!" Sakura exclaimed.

"Jashin? What a drag. I've never heard you say that before."

Sakura gasped dropping her scythe on the ground. Her eyes were wide and she slowly turned around to see Shikamaru Nara standing behind her. He had his hands stuck in his pockets assuming his normal lazy position, but the boy didn't have the usual lazy look in his eyes. In his eyes was a haunted look, one that Sakura had seen in Sasuke's eyes many times.