Ch 25: The divide

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I found another uzumaki! Woohoo!" Naruto screamed as he ran rampant around the room jumping on the counter bounding off walls like a spring before he stopped realizing something racing back to Nagato anger in his eyes.

"Your an uzumaki too!? How come you didn't tell me!" Naruto exclaimed punching at Nagato. Pain sweat dropped.

"I wasn't sure how to...?" Pain said unsure of the answer himself.

"That is such a lame excuse" Sasuke said leaning backholding his sword up admiring it silently wondering how he could improve it.

"Yeah!" Sakura agreed immediately both teammates happy for Naruto.

"Hey wait a minute!" Sasuke said sitting up Sasori having caught his eye from where his red hair gleamed in the swords diamond tip.

"What is it?" Naruto asked turning to Sasuke.

"Is it just me or does the puppet look like gaara?" Sasuke said pointing.

"The puppet's name is Sasori Sasuke" Sakura told him.

"Tch. Whatever but I'm right aren't I?" Sasuke asked.

Sasori stared at them blankly. Why were they comparing him to the one tails jinchuuriki?

"He's got the same red hair alright" Naruto affirmed with a nod.

"His eyes are different but I definitely see a resemblance in the shape of his face" Sakura said tapping her chin all three of the genin backing Sasori up to a wall to study him intently. Sasori did not like all the sudden attention. It felt like they were judging his art.

"We're never going to figure this out til we have Gaara" Sasuke decided after 7 solid minutes of them just staring at the puppet.

"Well let's go get him then" Sakura said resting her scythe on her shoulder.

"We need a plan Sakura" Naruto reminded.

"And a good one. We have to make sure Lee and them are okay too" Sasuke pointed out.

"Do we have to?" Sakura asked not wanting to see lee again.

"Sakura he loves you" Naruto said.

"That's the problem" Sakura said.

"Doesn't sound like a problem to me." Sasuke shrugged.

"He doesn't blow kisses at you" Sakura replied.

"I promised Neji..." Naruto said his fists clenching tears gathering in his eyes.

"Naruto I didn't mean...." Sakura trailed reaching out to him.

"Of course we'll get them too, Dobe. I promise" Sasuke said placing a hand on his shoulder squeezing gently.

"I know. Thanks guys I just..."

"We know Naruto." Sakura assured hugging him.

"Lee does make a good sparring partner. Despite the fact that his fashion sense makes him a bit of an eye soar his speed is almost as fast as my own. Lee can keep up with me." Sasuke said.

"And tenten might have some weapons ideas!" Sakura said excitedly.

"Knowing her most definitely. But besides team Gai and Gaara there are two main obstacles in our way of getting to them" Naruto said placing his fist to his chin.

"Kankuro and Temari." Sakura sighed.

"There's no greater protection detail than an older sibling." Sasuke stated careful not to look at Itachi as he spoke his shoulders slumping slightly. His brother didn't love him anymore. Sasuke was sure of it. Him caring was all just another lie. He thought he was weak. Sasuke had no doubt.