Ch 29: crumbling to dust

"Naruto! Move!" Sasuke gritted out through clenched teeth as he held up the boulders that threatened to crush them both with his susanoo. The uchiha's entire body was shaking from the struggle, he wasn't sure how long he could keep this up.

"What? No! Not without you." Naruto protested kurama's chakra already covering his skin.

"This isn't up for debate! I don't know how much longer I can hold this...There's no sense in us both dying." Sasuke snapped trying to make the blonde see sense as the Uchiha's arms trembled.

"I won't leave you." Naruto denied his whiskers becoming more defined as he got angrier.

"Damnit Naruto, do what I tell you, go, now, hurry, get out of here!" Sasuke yelled dropping to one knee as his hurt ankle gave out. Sasuke winced holding back a cry of pain. This wasn't good.

"Sasuke....I can't, we've been through so much-"

"Naruto. If I ever meant anything to you you're going to leave right now. Go try to find help, I don't care what you do so long as you get out of here! I'm going to try not to die for as long as I possibly can." Sasuke replied.

"Okay, But can I at least leave some clones? I don't want to leave you defenseless"  Naruto insisted.

"I'm not defenseless." Sasuke grumbled.

"But, what if you switch to Sasu and he just decides to give up?" Naruto asked.

"Hn."Sasuke replied the struggle to form words becoming to great of a challenge.

"Alright teme...just hang on. I'll find someone." Naruto told him leaving seven clones behind to guard Sasuke as he held up the rubble.

-meanwhile with Itachi and Pain-

Pain calmly used his Rinnegan to place the falling debri off to the sides of the tunnel they were in. Deidara instructing him on what points would provide the most stability. Luckily no one had been seriously injured by the debri. They had all only gotten a thorough coating of dust from head to toe.

"Itachi, are you sure your alright?" Kisame coughed through the dust the elder Uchiha rubbing fruitlessly at his eyes.

"Yes, I'm fine. We just have to find my brother." Itachi told him completely worried over Sasuke.

"And Naruto." Pain added as he moved another rock.

"If those two little shits aren't dead yet, I'm gonna kill them, un." Deidara promised.

"You idiot.." Kisame muttered sighingly Deidara getting pinned to the wall Itachi's hand around his throat.

"You seem to have mistaken my worry for my brother with carelessness. Don't for one second think I am a patient man because I'm not and what little patience I possess for you is slowly fading away each second my little brother isn't by my side. So, Deidara, I think it would be wise for you to focus on saving him rather than killing him do I make myself clear?" Itachi questioned.

Deidara gave the faintest nod signaling that he understood Itachi dropping him to the ground.

"We've got to get out of here fast, who knows what shape they're in after this second collapse."Itachi told Pain.

"Yes, I know, and If a third collapse occurs I doubt there will even be any hideout left." Pain frowned.

"There won't be, this structure is barely holding as it is. One false move and the whole things coming down." Deidara noted.

"How did you become so knowledgeable?" Kisame wondered. "I was beginning to think you were brainless."

"An artist never reveals his secrets, un." Deidara replied.

"Wait what's that?" Konan asked as a wall started to crumble on their left side.

"Something's trying to break in to the tunnel." Kisame glared at the cracking surface.

"You mean someone." Itachi corrected activating his sharingan.

-outside the hideout-

"Obito, what's it gonna take? Me getting on my knees?I'm already begging you here." Kakashi glared at his boyfriend.

"Kakashi, I already told you no! I'm sorry I just can't do it." Obito replied.

"Why? Because your scared!? Grow up Obito, there are kids in there that could be injured. My kids." Kakashi fumed.

"Enough, Kakashi. I'm not going to do it."

"Are you seriously willing to become the last Uchiha? What if Itachi and Sasuke die down there!" Kakashi questioned trying to make him see reason.

"Then that's a burden I'll have to bare. I'm sorry Kakashi. I'm just not strong enough to go back in there. Call me a coward, or a crybaby, he'll break up with me if you want to, but I won't go back into that maze of crumbling rocks." Obito denied.

"I'm not breaking up with you..." Kakashi muttered shaking his head. He heaved a heavy sigh rubbing tiredly at his eyes. "Alright, just wait here. I'll be back." Kakashi sighed.

"Shikamaru please tell me you have a plan to get in there." Sakura questioned hopefully.

"I do, let's go." Shikamaru confirmed with a nod Kakashi, Sakura, Choji And Shikamaru racing towards the hideout leaving Obito, Hidan, kakazu, and what remained of Sasori behind.

"Please don't die...." Obito whispered.

"Jashin, won't let any harm come to your boyfriend. He's close with pinkie." Hidan told him.

"If they do die, we sell their corpse's to the highest bidder." Kakazu firmly nodded.

Obito sighed. "Be careful in there Kakashi...."

"Choji, you ready buddy?" Shikamaru asked his best friend as they stood in front of the hideout with Sakura and Kakashi.

Choji nodded. "Yeah, just tell me when." Choji replied getting into position.

"Jashin, give me your strength." Sakura prayed her hand curling into a fist punching the wall weakening it's outer crust forming a crack in the rock.

"Now choji!" Shikamaru order the akimichi immediately rolling drilling an entrance into the hideout. Dust swirled obscuring the group's view. Choji broke the rock and everything went silent. As the dust cleared Choji screamed in terror, no one was prepared for what was inside.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Mwahahahaha I'm so evil I know, but anyways here's the next chapter and I hope you enjoyed it!! Alright, so now here are the questions!!!

1. Who or What do you think Choji just rolled into?

2. Will Naruto find someone to save Sasuke in time? If so who?

3. In your opinion who's the most interesting character and why?

4. Who's your favorite akatsuki nin?

5. Why do you think Obito won't go in there?

6. If you could change one thing in this story what would it be?

7. Who are you shipping in this story?

8. If you could kill one Naruto character who would it be?

9. Who's your favorite tailed beast? And why?

10. Who do you want the story to focus on the most?

11. Why do you read this story? What makes you add it to your library and return?

12. Anything else you would like to ask, rant or tell me!!